RE: [ima-sdk] [HTML5] Omid verification circular structure to JSON

Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Jan 21, 2022, 2:43:01 AM1/21/22
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello MHk,

I'm Michael from IMA SDK Team, thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that the video suite inspector is not designed for editing purposes, it's main usage is just to test the Ad Tag as it is. Would it be possible for you to test the issue using one of our sample apps with minimum modification to fit your use case and see if the same behavior is reproducible there? In case it would, please share to us the exact sample project implementation you used for testing with the steps to reproduce the issue and we will check it on our end.

On a side note, I have removed the original post from the forum thread as it contains sensitive information. Rest assured that we have a copy of all the information posted there and will be used for our investigation.

You may send the requested details privately via "Reply To Author" button.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2VNnuo:ref

MHk | Maroš Hauk

Jan 26, 2022, 8:21:11 AM1/26/22
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com, ott_support, Bucher Tomáš
Hello Michael from the IMA SDK Team,

I took a look at the sample applications and prepared a slightly modified version of the "simple" sample page for you to take a look at.

The issue does appear in the sample so it should be possible to verify and analyze.

Sample page modifications:
- IMA SDK is downloaded from the standard URL
- added adTagUrl to a mocky.io hosted VAST 4.2 which is a sample VAST directly from IAB. Additionally we added an OMID AdVerification part into the VAST which also comes directly from an OMID IAB sample
- in the .js file which sets up IMA SDK we added omidAccessModeRules to allow all vendors/providers FULL access (IMA SDK Open Measurement Access Mode setup)

Steps to reproduce:
- unpack archive
- open index.html in Chrome
- hit the play button
- the ad does play but the verification script fails to send a "startSession" event because of the JSON.stringify circular structure error
- the error is logged into the browser DEV console almost instantly after hitting the play button

omweb-v1.js:26 TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON
    --> starting at object with constructor 'HTMLVideoElement'
    |     property 'closure_lm_239969' -> object with constructor 'sj'
    --- property 'src' closes the circle
    at JSON.stringify (<anonymous>)
    at module$exports$omid$complianceVerificationScript$ComplianceVerificationClient.fireEvent_ (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:643:46)
    at module$exports$omid$verificationClient$VerificationClient.<anonymous> (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:617:7)
    at module$exports$omid$verificationClient$VerificationClient.handleMessage_ (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:591:26)
    at module$exports$omid$common$DirectCommunication.module$exports$omid$common$Communication.handleMessage (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:217:10)
    at module$exports$omid$common$DirectCommunication.handleExportedMessage (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:270:82)
    at module$exports$omid$common$DirectCommunication.sendMessage (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:267:5)
    at module$exports$omid$verificationClient$VerificationClient.sendMessage_ (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:605:459)
    at module$exports$omid$verificationClient$VerificationClient.registerSessionObserver (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:503:85)
    at new module$exports$omid$complianceVerificationScript$ComplianceVerificationClient (omid-validation-verification-script-v1.js:616:28)

The modified sample page can be downloaded via the link specified below. Let me know if you need additional info.

Regards,
MHk

IMA SDK

Jan 27, 2022, 2:25:02 AM1/27/22
to maros...@etnetera.cz, ott_s...@etnetera.cz, t.bu...@cra.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello MHk,

Thank you for providing the requested information. With that, I have raised the issue now to the rest of the team to further investigate. We will provide an update the soonest we got our findings.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Feb 18, 2022, 4:29:47 AM2/18/22
to maros...@etnetera.cz, ott_s...@etnetera.cz, t.bu...@cra.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello MHk,

Hope this message reaches you well.

Our team have investigated the issue but couldn't replicate it with the provided steps to reproduce the issue. They are not seeing the TypeError in the dev-console. Are there any other steps or things to consider when reproducing this issue?

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2VNnuo:ref

MHk | Maroš Hauk

Feb 18, 2022, 10:32:27 AM2/18/22
to IMA SDK, ott_s...@etnetera.cz, t.bu...@cra.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello IMA team,

the issue seems to be fixed now and cannot be replicated so it was probably fixed between then and now in the ima3 SDK or the omid verification script which are downloaded dynamically in their latest version.

So it can be closed as resolved/fixed.

Thanks for your help,
MHk

IMA SDK

Feb 22, 2022, 2:37:56 AM2/22/22
to maros...@etnetera.cz, ott_s...@etnetera.cz, t.bu...@cra.cz, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello MHk,

Thank you for updating us. Should you encounter the same issue, do not hesitate to come back to us with the latest details and we will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Regards,