[iOS] IMAAdsManagerDelegate does not trigger events in PiP mode

Raffi Manissalian

May 8, 2024, 7:13:32 AMMay 8
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Dear IMA SDK team,

I am facing an issue where when an ad is playing in picture-in-picture mode, play and pause events from the picture in picture controls are not triggering this delegate method (click to see link). However, calling the play() and pause() events on AVPlayer does trigger the events.

Debug Info:
1. Tested on simulator and physical device. Issue reproducible in both environments.
2. Tested on iOS 16 and iOS 17. Issue reproducible in both environments.
3. Tested using the latest version of the iOS IMA SDK as of writing (v3.22.1).
4. Tested using the app provided by your organization: the AdvancedExample on Github (click to see link).

Kind regards,
Raffi Manissalian

Legal Notice
You can find the latest terms and policies of THEO Technologies under www.theoplayer.com/terms including our "GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS". In the absence of a signed agreement between you and THEO Technologies, by replying to this email these terms apply to the relevant transaction between us.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and contain CONFIDENTIAL and/or privileged information and are legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message including any attachments and you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
Full security of emails over the internet cannot be ensured. Despite our efforts it is your responsibility to provide for your protection.
Global HQ: THEO Technologies NV, Philipssite 5 bus 1, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium - BE 0847.829.290 - CEO: Steven Tielemans

IMA SDK

May 8, 2024, 9:13:05 AMMay 8
to raffi.ma...@theoplayer.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

I see that you have already raised this concern on another thread with the subject “IMAAdsManagerDelegate didReceive event not fired in PiP mode” and we have already responded there for this issue. To avoid multiple threads on the same issue, please take a look at that thread and continue the discussion on the same for further updates on the issue.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIun3:ref" (ADR-00234137)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Raffi Manissalian

May 10, 2024, 6:29:13 AMMay 10
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will link the other thread here for visibility and continue our conversation there.
https://groups.google.com/g/ima-sdk/c/jPhXo6eZyGk