Support for skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TVs

Kaue Castro

May 10, 2024, 6:28:53 AMMay 10
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi!

Is there any official information about support for skippable ads in Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS?

We spent a great time trying to investigate it, but we've not found any information about it, but just one post that your team inform that there is an ongoing work to enable skipable ads on connected TVs. -  Support for skippable ads

We're receiving the following error message from both Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS when trying to play the ad:
"The provided ad type: skippablevideo is not supported."

Would you have a status of it? Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS still doesn't have support for skippable ads? If not, would you have any suggestion about what can be done in that case?

I really appreciate your help with it,

Thanks in advance.
Kaue.

IMA SDK

May 10, 2024, 8:56:04 AMMay 10
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kaue,

It is important to acknowledge that the current version of HTML5 connected TVs does not support skippable advertisements. The ongoing work will encompass support for Samsung and LG devices.

I would recommend you to please follow our release notes  for further updates.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tIwST:ref" (ADR-00234488)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Kaue Castro

May 14, 2024, 9:00:01 AMMay 14
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi team,

Thanks for your answer. In order to help us planning our features, I would like to ask you if you would have an estimation to have this support.

Thanks in advance,
Kaue.

IMA SDK

May 14, 2024, 4:15:44 PMMay 14
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaue,

I could not see any plan to introduce this feature in upcoming release.
But i will raise this thing within the team. For now you can consider this feature not available and keep an eye on our release notes  for further updates.

Thanks