Support for skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS tvs

krackjack234

May 16, 2023, 4:47:41 AM5/16/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

We want to check if Google IMA HTML5 SDK supports the playback of skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TVs.

We tried the Google sample skippable ad tags but the ads are not playing when we try to play them on tv.

Can we get an official confirmation if this feature is supported on these html5 tv platforms?

Thanks in advance!

IMA SDK

May 16, 2023, 12:49:41 PM5/16/23
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding your concern, kindly note that the SDK does not support skippable ads that are less than 8 seconds long. When ads shorter than the minimum length are played, the Skip button is not displayed. (https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/client-side/compatibility). For skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TVs, there are existing requests for this, however, the team mentioned that it is intended behavior that skippable ads don't support those TV's platform.

Regards,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lIKNR:ref

krackjack234

Oct 6, 2023, 12:19:59 AM10/6/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,

1. Are there specific TV models where skippable Ads may work on Tizen and WebOS TV platforms?
2. If not, can there be able workaround as currently, the SDK is throwing an error when skippable ads are served on some of the TV models we tested?
3. Is there any plan to officially support skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TV platforms?

Thanks in advance.

IMA SDK

Oct 6, 2023, 11:03:27 AM10/6/23
to biswa...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the IMA SDK support team.

Please find the responses to your queries below

1. Are there specific TV models where skippable Ads may work on Tizen and WebOS TV platforms?

Currently skippable ads are not supported on HTML5 connected TVs.

2. If not, can there be able workaround as currently, the SDK is throwing an error when skippable ads are served on some of the TV models we tested?

There is no workaround I can currently provide. However, there is ongoing work to enable skipable ads on connected TVs. Please reach out to your account representative for more information about these features.

3. Is there any plan to officially support skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TV platforms?

The is ongoing work will include Samsung and LG support.

Thank you,
IMA SDK team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lIKNR:ref

Kaue Castro

May 10, 2024, 6:28:48 AMMay 10
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi all,

I'm currently working on it in an project for Samsung Tizen and WebOS and we're having the same issue. When trying to play the adverting we receive the following error: "The provided ad type: skippablevideo is not supported."

Could you please tell me what is the status of it? Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS still doesn't have support for skippable ads? If not, would you have any suggestion about what can be done in that case?

Also, I would like to ask you @krackjack234 if you're able to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
Kaue Castro.

IMA SDK

May 10, 2024, 8:58:38 AMMay 10
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kaue,

I see that same concern on another thread with the subject '[ima-sdk] Support for skippable ads on Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS TVs’. To avoid multiple threads on the same issue, please take a look at that thread and continue the discussion on the same for further updates on the issue.

Please reach out to us, if you need any further assistance.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02lIKNR:ref" (ADR-00179339)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team