SIIM 2013 Forum: Digital Breast Tomosynthesis & the Informatics Infra-Structure

Yametazamwa mara 42
Ruka hadi kwenye ujumbe wa kwanza ambao haujasomwa

David Clunie

hayajasomwa,
21 Jan 2013, 18:09:3321/01/2013
kwa Working Group 15,ihe-mam...@googlegroups.com
Hi WG 15 & IHE Mammo guys et al

You will recall that last year we were going to have a forum on DBT at the
Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) meeting, but it didn't
work out.

Well, this year we are better prepared, and after a bit of negotiation, SIIM
has kindly agreed to hold this as a "satellite forum" towards the end of the
meeting.

The SIIM meeting itself runs from Thursday Jun 6th to Sunday June 9th, and our
slot is on the evening of Saturday June 8, 2013 from 5:15pm-7:15pm.

Rita Zuley has volunteered to moderate this with me, which should make it fun.
We haven't decided yet who will be the good cop and who will be the bad one,
or whether we will just both be bad.

Whilst we may not be able to capture all the controversy and excitement that
marked her EWBC "Digital Breast Imaging Forum" at SCAR 2005, since there just
aren't that many folks who have encountered tomo and its growing pains yet,
hopefully we can be provocative enough to be interesting.

Anyway, I have entitled the session "Digital Breast Tomosynthesis & the
Informatics Infra-Structure", sub-titled "How digital breast tomosynthesis
will kill your PACS/VNA".

I have an outline of the objectives on a Google document, which you may or
may not be able to access (so I have attached it just in case).

I am sending this to you in case you want to volunteer to contribute at this
forum.

Note that it is intended to be about the informatics infrastructural aspects
of DBT, not why tomo is great, or your product is/will be great, not even what
tomo is and what it is for, beyond a short introduction that I hope Rita will
handle. And most especially it is not a forum for marketing or evangelism. DBT
will sink or swim on its merits, but if it makes it, the SIIM attendees are
the ones who will have to cope.

If you are a vendor, you do NOT have to be a SIIM exhibitor (this was once
a sticking point, but the SIIM folks managed to finesse this by making
this a "satellite forum"); that said, you are of course encouraged to exhibit
at the meeting. To participate in the forum, you also do NOT have to have a
product in the US market, or a product at all for that matter.

Also, please feel free to circulate this invitation to your PACS and archive
and display and CD/DVD burning brethren, since they are the ones who are going
to have to cope with what you modality and CAD folks produce. Or anyone else
for that matter.

If you are interested, let me know be email +/- update the last part of the
Google document with who you are, what you provide and what you want to say.

David

Useful links:

- the preliminary session objectives:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1siKSVEEd81eM8NxASu2IJKOY4vcmPtuN8tBYgHtET8U/edit