10 Milestones! wow!!! Let's release

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Nov 5, 2022, 6:23:01 AM11/5/22
to iDempiere
Hi community,

Following the release process that was a success last year, we are starting the freeze phase for release 10.

So, until today the version 10 has been labeled as "Development"

Today we start the freeze and the version 10 is a "Release Candidate"

Freeze means to focus exclusively in bug fixes and stabilization.
New functionalities will not be added during this freeze period (although we can make some exceptions for minor non-disruptive or very important new features).

The idea is that we are planning one month of stabilization, during this period the expectation is:
* plugin maintainers have time to test and synchronize their plugins with the upcoming version
* language maintainers can synchronize the translations
* community altogether have time to test new features and report potential performance and stability issues

With this in mind, during the next month we have planned also to hold a couple of community days with different activities, we are looking forward to your participation and help to make the upgrade as smooth as possible, Diego will announce soon.

Hopefully, in one month, if there are not blocker bugs reported, the version 10 (we're looking for a version name too) will be officially released (labeled as Stable), maintained during the next year, and the new version 11 for development will be created.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Tanmoy Prosun Dey

Nov 7, 2022, 10:02:58 AM11/7/22
to iDempiere
Eagerly waiting for version 10. Many many congratulations!!!

Regards,
Tanmoy

Alejandro Jesus Guerra

Nov 7, 2022, 12:02:35 PM11/7/22
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Carlos, son excelentes noticias!!! .... El esfuerzo ha sido inmenso,

Gracias
Alejandro Guerra

Mailtrack Remitente notificado con
Mailtrack
07/11/22, 01:00:16 p. m.

Victor Suárez

Nov 9, 2022, 2:12:34 PM11/9/22
to iDempiere
Excellent!
Thank you very much.

Regards.

mpow...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2022, 10:30:29 PM11/9/22
to iDempiere
Congratulations Carlos and everyone involved!

Habib Salhi

Nov 10, 2022, 12:34:32 AM11/10/22
to iDempiere
Amazing work.. thank you so much Carlos and the whole team of contributors

Diego Ruiz

Nov 10, 2022, 8:44:50 AM11/10/22
to iDempiere
Hey guys,

Last year's name brainstorming was a success, so we want to do it again.

As you know already, iDempiere 10 is around the corner and we're looking for a name for this new version.

Do you have an idea? Please submit your proposal in the marketing-channel thread until Friday, November 18th!

After that date, the proposals will be collected and a poll among the community will be conducted to define the winning name!

Let's choose the best name that represents this amazing milestone in the project.

Best regards,
Diego Ruiz

Diego Ruiz

Dec 2, 2022, 5:21:33 AM12/2/22
to iDempiere
Hi everyone!

Help us make the release as smooth as possible.

Join us today on the community testing day, a virtual community event, that brings the entire iDempiere community together to engage in community activities to test the upcoming release of the new stable version.

Read more about it here.

This is an event for everyone, no matter the expertise level, no matter the skill set. We want to invite every member: developers, users, trainers, implementers, everyone!

photo_2022-11-28_18-03-57.jpg