Upgrade error between version 1.2 to 2.3 on Ubuntu Xenial.

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 5, 2016, 2:21:05 PM9/5/16
to AtoM Users
Hello.

We were making a new installation of ica-atom following exactly as the link:

We created an exclusive virtual machine to make it, and the blank installation of version 2.3 works. But, when we were doing the upgrade from the version 1.2 (https://www.accesstomemory.org/pt-br/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/upgrading/#installation-upgrading) we had a error message from the system on step "Run the upgrade task":

 Configuration file "/usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/config/settings.yml, /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml" does not have a registered handler.

In a previous test, some months ago, we used Linux 14.04 and it was the only difference. In this case, we reach the end of the process, and the upgrade happened successfully.

What we can do?

Regards.

Dan Gillean

Sep 7, 2016, 6:36:15 PM9/7/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mauricio,

I have not seen this error before. A couple things to double-check first:

Did you go through the whole installation process, including running the web installer, before you tried to load your old ICA-AtoM database?

Did you remember, before loading it, to drop and recreate the database, as per step 3 in this section?
  •  mysql -u username -p -e 'drop database new_database; create database new_database character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;'
(Remember to add the correct credentials for your username, password if you've used one, and database name in this step)

You said you have a clean installation working previously with Ubuntu 14.04 - what are you using now? 16.04? If so, did you follow the new installation instructions for 16.04?

Have you installed any of the dependencies differently?

Thanks! Hopefully we can help you figure this out.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 8, 2016, 10:49:46 AM9/8/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan, thanks for your feedback.

About your questions:
- I followed in details the instructions in https://www.accesstomemory.org/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-xenial/ , and I chose the option 1 to installation of Atom (tarball).
- I didn't have any error message on installation of dependencies... including the not mandatory components.
- The clean installation runned, I got to access the Atom webinstaller and web interface.
- I also got execute the sql command to drop/create database. The mysql database import was executed without problems too.
- We have the version 1.2 of Ica-Atom running in a Debian server together other services. Our purpose is install/upgrade Atom in an exclusive server, with the structures indicated for it.

PS: the mysql database server is in another server.

Regards.

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 8, 2016, 1:10:28 PM9/8/16
to AtoM Users
Dan, I returned the process (how it was a virtual machine) until before the installation of Atom. I executed the same steps and now it seems ok... I'll do some tests more... thanks

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 8, 2016, 3:50:13 PM9/8/16
to AtoM Users
An error has occurred on login after the upgrade (attached).

Dan Gillean

Sep 8, 2016, 5:32:31 PM9/8/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mauricio,

Very strange! What did the webserver error logs say for the 500 error? Please share any message you find there related to this error.

Have you tried clearing the cache and restarting services?

Can you confirm the filesystem permissions are correct?

I'm hopeful that this is a different issue than you were facing before... which means we are making progress, even if it doesn't feel that way right now!

Let us know what you find in the error logs.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 9, 2016, 5:16:00 PM9/9/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan.

So, I reviewed the files permissions, and I repeated the upgrade process choosing other theme... same result.

The webserver log before to rebuild search index and clean the cache:

2016/09/09 17:39:25 [error] 3264#3264: *17 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Invalid configuration settings: [sf_module_disabled_module]
e header from upstream, client: 10.10.0.124, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/informationobject/browse HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://un
2016/09/09 17:44:51 [error] 3264#3264: *30 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Invalid configuration settings: [sf_module_disabled_module] "admin", [sf_module_disabled_action] "disabled"" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.0.124, server: _, request: "POST /index.php/user/login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "cedoc.unicentro.br", referrer: "http://cedoc.unicentro.br/index.php/?sf_culture=pt_BR"

The webserver log after rebuild and clean cache:

Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/sfConfigCache.class.php(197): sfConfigCache->callHandler('config/core_com...', Array, '/usr/share/ngin...')
#1 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/sfConfigCache.class.php(249): sfConfigCache->checkConfig('config/core_com...', false)
#2 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(109): sfConfigCache->import('config/core_com...', false)
#3 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(51): sfApplicationConfiguration->initConfiguration()
#4 /usr/share/nginx/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/config/sfProjectConfiguration.class.php(611): sfApplicationConfiguration->__construct('prod', false, '/usr/" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.0.124, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php7.0-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "cedoc.unicentro.br"

Dan Gillean

Sep 12, 2016, 6:11:20 PM9/12/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mauricio,

Well, the errors are telling us there is a problem with the values included in your settings.yml file. I'm pasting a copy of mine from 2.3, which I haven't changed from the defaults at installation time - perhaps take a look and see if there are other changes in yours?

For example, have you changed the default installation culture to a different culture like pt or pt_BR?

If so, did you make sure that this language is also added to the user interface, and the site re-indexed after? See:

Have you changed anything else in this configuration file, or in others?

I'm assuming that restrarting services has not helped? e.g. for 16.04:

  • sudo systemctl reload nginx
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm

I'm sorry, I'm running out of ideas! Let me know about the above, and I'll see if our team has other suggestions.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 16, 2016, 1:21:56 PM9/16/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan.

I think the problem is Mysql Server in other server (and version - 5.5). I repeated the installation and I changed the parameters of the webinstaller to the mysql server in local machine (version 5.6) and the system worked.

But, when I performed the symfony to upgrade it happened an error with an "id"; I think only some records have been imported. How I can to determine which record and why the problem is happen?

Dan Gillean

Sep 19, 2016, 5:37:36 PM9/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Mauricio,

I'm glad to hear that you got the installation working! Thank you for sharing what worked in your case.

Regarding the error - it's possible it's caused by some data corruption created in the previous system. Please see this thread for a place to start - I'm hoping that one of the solutions I've collected there will help you track down the issue. The last link offers a SQL query that should help you identify problem information objects based on ID.

Let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Mauricio Adriano

Sep 29, 2016, 11:07:02 AM9/29/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan, by your statements finally I got to up the new database. About the last reported problem, I ran the sql script below in the source database:

select
concat('INSERT INTO status (object_id, type_id, status_id, id, serial_number) VALUES (''',id,''', ''158'', ''159'', NULL, ''0'');')
 from `cedoc`.`object` where
id not in (
SELECT object_id FROM `cedoc`.`status`
where object_id is not null
);

With the result of the sql, I ran again in the same database and after this I performed the steps of upgrade on the new server again ("drop" and "recreate" database, import data, execute upgrade-tool, etc)

I think that it is all ok, we will make tests to confirm.

Thanks a lot!