Virtual appliance problem: beta version not working

bp.ca...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2019, 11:39:32 AM11/20/19
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I am quite new with AtoM and have very minimal programming skills. I have been trying to download the virtual appliance of AtoM according to this tutorial : https://wiki.ica-atom.org/index.php?title=ICA-AtoM_virtual_appliance.  I wanted to try the VA to see if it worked for my society's needs.
I believe I have followed every step so far, working with VirtualBox and Ubuntu.
But when I follow the URL 192.168.56.101, I land on a demo version of AtoM instead of the Beta version. Obviously, I am not able to set up my site, nor to follow the basic ICA-AtoM installation steps on the copy of the application running inside the virtual appliance.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you,
Camillia

Dan Gillean

Nov 20, 2019, 12:00:18 PM11/20/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Camillia,

As noted at the top of the wiki page, ICA-AtoM is a legacy version of the AtoM project, and is no longer being actively maintained. AtoM 2, its successor, shares the same underlying code and values, and maintains its adherence to ICA and other international and national standards. It is developed and maintained by the same people. However, we have improved the application's scalability, given it a new look and feel, added many new features and bug fixes, and fully rewritten our documentation. You can find more general information about the project here:
For more details on the history of the project, as well as how we maintain and develop AtoM, see:
Instead, I would encourage you to check out the Vagrant box we provide for recent versions of AtoM2, which will allow you to set up a test instance in a local laptop. See:
Finally, note that we do have a public demo site available for AtoM online, here:
The login credentials are listed on the homepage. The site refreshes every hour, so feel free to make changes, add data etc. The only functionality that is disabled is upload, for security purposes.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.