Jonathan Barrionuevo

Dec 14, 2020, 3:52:20 PM12/14/20
to AtoM Users
Good afternoon, I speak Spanish but I try to make myself understood.
I'm a beginner when it comes to Atom, I have a mistake with Atom-worker,
I have configured /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service as follows:

[Unit]
Description=AtoM worker
After=network.target
# High interval and low restart limit to increase the possibility # of hitting the rate limits in long running recurrent jobs.
StartLimitIntervalSec=24h
StartLimitBurst=3

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=www-data
Group=www-data
WorkingDirectory=/usr/share/nginx/atom ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.2 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker
KillSignal=SIGTERM
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30

I'm working with apache and php 7.2 and I get this error, someone could help me.

# systemctl status atom-worker
● atom-worker.service - AtoM worker
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/atom-worker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-12-14 17:38:16 -03; 4s ago
  Process: 104618 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.2 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting=E_ALL symfony jobs:worker (code=exited, status=217/USER)
 Main PID: 104618 (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Dec 14 17:38:16 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Dec 14 17:38:16 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Thank you very much.

Dan Gillean

Dec 16, 2020, 9:45:54 AM12/16/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jonathan,

I noticed in another thread that you are using Apache. However, your AtoM worker configuration file is still pointing the WorkingDirectory in the [Service] section to the default location when Nginx is used - /usr/share/nginx/atom.

I would suggest you try the following:
  • Edit the WorkingDirectory path in the atom-worker.service file, and change it to the root directory of AtoM - I think for your installation, this should be /var/www/html/atom.
  • Save your changes
  • Restart PHP-FPM (instructions here)
  • Restart the AtoM worker service: sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
  • Try the status command again, and see if this has helped: sudo systemctl status atom-worker
One more note:

The atom-worker will try to restart itself if it fails, but to prevent it from being caught in a loop, we have added a limit - it will only try 3 restarts in 24 hours. If you have tried to restart the worker and it is still not running, then you may need to manually reset the fail counter. You can do so with the following:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker
Then check the status again.

Let us know if this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Jonathan Barrionuevo

Dec 16, 2020, 2:54:26 PM12/16/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan.
I have tried the directions you suggested, but it keeps throwing up the same error:

I also show you how I have configured the atom-worker service:

Jonathan Barrionuevo

Dec 16, 2020, 2:58:35 PM12/16/20

[root@desa-atom /]# sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
[root@desa-atom /]# sudo systemctl daemon-reload
[root@desa-atom /]# sudo systemctl enable atom-worker
[root@desa-atom /]# sudo systemctl start atom-worker
[root@desa-atom /]# sudo systemctl status atom-worker
● atom-worker.service - AtoM worker
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/atom-worker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2020-12-16 16:42:50 -03; 12s ago
  Process: 107662 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.2 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting=E_ALL symfony jobs:worker (code=exited, status=217/USER)
 Main PID: 107662 (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Dec 16 16:42:50 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Dec 16 16:42:50 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I also show you how I have configured the atom-worker service:

[Unit]
Description=AtoM worker
After=network.target
# High interval and low restart limit to increase the possibility
# of hitting the rate limits in long running recurrent jobs.
StartLimitIntervalSec=24h
StartLimitBurst=3

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=root
Group=root
WorkingDirectory=/var/www/html/atom
ExecStart=/usr/bin/php72 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker
KillSignal=SIGTERM
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30s

Dan Gillean

Dec 16, 2020, 3:18:58 PM12/16/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jonathan,

There are a couple things going on here that I can see.

First, the 217/USER error typically means that the user the service is trying to call does not exist at the time the service call was made, or else does not have permissions.

Looking at your latest config file, I noticed that you have listed User and Group as root - however, AtoM recommends in our sample configuration block that you use www-data for both user and group. Throughout AtoM, many different processes expect the www-data user to be the owner of everything in the atom root directory.

I would suggest trying the following:

First, make sure that the filesystem permissions are properly set for the AtoM root installation directory and all subdirectories and files. This should be the www-data user and group. In our documentation, we assume that users have followed our recommended installation instructions, and therefore list the filepath as /usr/share/ngnix/atom in the sample command. However, in your case, I think it should be:
  • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/atom
Once you've done this, try updating your atom-worker.service file to list www-data as the user and group. Repeat the previous steps I suggested for restarting services like PHP-FPM, and restarting the job scheduler.

Let us know if this helps!
Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Jonathan Barrionuevo

Dec 17, 2020, 9:21:05 AM12/17/20
to AtoM Users
Good morning Dan.
I followed your indications as you detailed me, and I stop giving the error 227/User, but now I get a new error, that I was looking for it and it does not find something that helps me
The error is:

● atom-worker.service - AtoM worker
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/atom-worker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-12-17 11:10:41 -03; 5s ago
  Process: 109565 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php72 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting=E_ALL symfony jobs:worker (code=exited, status=255)
 Main PID: 109565 (code=exited, status=255)

Dec 17 11:10:41 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a
Dec 17 11:10:41 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Thank you very much for your help.