Call for 2.2 AtoM Translations!

Dan Gillean

Apr 13, 2015, 5:14:51 PM4/13/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to our wonderful volunteer translators!

We are beginning to prepare for the AtoM 2.2 release, which we hope to have ready by the end of May 2015.

There are quite a lot of exciting new features in AtoM 2.2 that we are looking forward to sharing with you. Of course, this also means that there are a number of new strings in AtoM that will require translation.

Would you like to help us translate AtoM's interface into your language? Or update our existing translations for all the new strings that have been added in 2.2? Now's the time to help out!

We hope to receive all new translations before the end of Friday May 15th, 2015. This gives you just over one month to work on translations if you would like them included in the next release.

Here is the current status of 2.2 translations in AtoM's Transifex project:

For anyone new to translation work with AtoM, I've copied our original 2.0 announcement about the new translation process using Transifex below - here are a few other helpful links:
If you have any questions, let us know on this thread, or feel free to contact us off-list!

We are pleased to announce a new process for creating and accepting translations of the AtoM interface.

In an effort to make the process of translating the AtoM interface more efficient, Artefactual Systems has started using Transifex, a web application to support dynamic publication of content from multiple sources. This means that more than one translator can contribute translated strings, making the process faster and easier, and enabling Artefactual Systems to publish translations more often.

We have posted instructions explaining how to:

1. Sign Up for an Account with Transifex

2. Join the AtoM Project

3. Join a Team

4. Use the Translation Editor

5. Receive Notification Updates

Please follow this link to read the instructions: www.accesstomemory.org/community/translate

Your participation in translating the AtoM 2.2 interface is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions about using Transifex, or about AtoM 2.2, please feel free to post on this thread, or contact our AtoM Community Product Managers: Dan Gillean <d...@artefactual.com> and Sarah Romkey <sro...@artefactual.com>.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

João Pereira

Aug 4, 2015, 5:34:31 AM8/4/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

I just install the new version of AtoM (2.2.0) and I noticed that the portuguese (pt) translation is not consistent with the portuguese translation in Transifex. In fact, in the new version of AtoM (2.2.0) there are some text that not appears translated but in Transifex it is translated. It's possible to see what is the problem?

Best regards,

João Pereira

Dan Gillean

Aug 4, 2015, 12:48:44 PM8/4/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi João,

Thanks for the report - we will look into it. We have had issues with Transifex merging in the past, though I am not sure why this has happened. We are already discussing the possibility of a 2.2.1 release with updated translations, so hopefully we can resolve this then. I will update this thread when I know more.

Has anyone else noticed missing translations in AtoM that they know to be in the Transifex 2.2 project?

Thanks,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

João Pereira

Aug 5, 2015, 4:54:30 AM8/5/15
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dan!

Best regards,

João Pereira

Dan Gillean

Aug 5, 2015, 4:52:10 PM8/5/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
For anyone else following this thread, please see our most recent update, here:

Short version:

  • The 2.2 Transifex project will stay open for now
  • We will be adding all updates to a 2.2.1 release
  • We will be looking into any Transifex merge issues when we prepare the 2.2.1 release
  • After 2.2.1 is released, we will close the 2.2. Transifex project, and merge all translations forward into the 2.3 project.