Translations, upgrade bugs, and AtoM 2.2.1

Dan Gillean

Aug 5, 2015, 4:05:50 PM8/5/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello AtoM community!

Just a quick update about our upcoming release plans.

We've had a few bug reports with the 2.2 release. There are workarounds available for both, but we would like to resolve these issues for our community and make sure that 2.2 is a stable release. Additionally, we've had some discussions with members of our volunteer translator community who are still working in the 2.2 project, and we'd like to make the most up-to-date translations available to you in the near future.

In light of this:

We will be preparing a 2.2.1 release, that will include bug fixes for the reported issues, as well as the most recent translations from Transifex. We don't have a firm release date yet - it will depend on how long it takes us to resolve the outstanding issues, test, and package a new release.

Translators: we will be leaving the 2.2 project open - so if you would like to keep working on 2.2 translations, or make edits/improvements to the existing ones, please continue! We will make sure that the most recent Transifex translations for 2.2 end up in the 2.2.1 release.

If you are considering upgrading to 2.2, please see the following thread for a known upgrade issue, with user reports on how to resolve it:

We've also gotten reports of an Elasticsearch indexing error with the 2.2 release. If you are using 2.2 and encounter this error, there is a workaround posted in the comments on this issue ticket, where we are tracking the issue:

In the meantime, as we work on permanent fixes for these issues and prepare for a 2.2.1 release, we are also continuing to work on the next major release, 2.3. There are a lot of exciting features and improvements on the way! You can get a sense of some of the upcoming changes by checking out our roadmap, here:

There is no firm release date yet for 2.3, but we hope to make a public release available in late 2015.

Please continue to let us know of any other major issues you encounter in the 2.2 release.

Thanks!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

gs

Aug 26, 2015, 11:30:47 PM8/26/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

any ETA on 2.2.1 release, I have put off upgrading my production instance because of the v2.2.0 errors even though there were workarounds.

Thanks,

George

Dan Gillean

Aug 27, 2015, 12:49:25 PM8/27/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi George,

Sorry, we still don't have a firm release date. Of the 2 major bugs we hope to address, we have resolved one (currently QA testing), and still need to find time to tackle the other. Yesterday we began dealing with the translations for the 2.2.1 release. So... we're making progress! But it's unsponsored work for us, and unfortunately needs to be done when it doesn't interfere with the client deadlines that allow us to keep the AtoM project going.

More soon, as I know it!