500 Internal Server Error

Guillaume Soucy

Jun 22, 2023, 10:06:39 PM6/22/23
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I need to install AtoM but I hit an error:

I'd followed the documentation from here https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.7/admin-manual/installation/ubuntu/#installation-ubuntu and having an error 500.

Sorry, something went wrong.
The server returned a 500 Internal Server Error.

I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 and PHP 8.1 . Is that possible AtoM 2.7 isn't compatible with Ubuntu 22.04 and PHP 8.1?

Also,

After running php symfony tools:install and filled up informations, the terminal returns:

[PHP Error] Return type of ConditionBase::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 49 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php] [PHP Error] Return type of ConditionEnumeration::current() should either be compatible with Iterator::current(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 176 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php] [PHP Error] Return type of ConditionEnumeration::next() should either be compatible with Iterator::next(): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 184 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php] [PHP Error] Return type of ConditionEnumeration::key() should either be compatible with Iterator::key(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 188 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php] [PHP Error] Return type of ConditionEnumeration::valid() should either be compatible with Iterator::valid(): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 172 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php] [PHP Error] Return type of ConditionEnumeration::rewind() should either be compatible with Iterator::rewind(): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice [line 192 of /mnt/disk/zawack.org/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/phing/tasks/system/condition/ConditionBase.php]

Thank-you,

Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 23, 2023, 8:25:38 AM6/23/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guillaume,

I see you have filed an issue in the AtoM GitHub repository as well. I have replied there and closed the issue ticket, but I will copy the details of the response here, for any future users encountering a similar issue:

At this time, AtoM does not support PHP 8.1, and has not been tested on Ubuntu 22.04. There are breaking changes in PHP8 that are likely impacting your installation, and it's also possible that many of the PHP extensions that AtoM requires behave differently with v8.

To install AtoM 2.7.2, the latest stable version, please follow ALL instructions listed in this installation guide, as this is what our team tests prior to release:
While we have tried to make our documentation as clear as possible, it still assumes that the user has basic familiarity with the unix command-line, and with the installation and maintenance of production-ready web based applications. If you are interested in paid support, we do offer a number of AtoM services as well, including hosting, remote technical maintenance, training, and more. See:
Finally, we do have plans to update AtoM's support of both PHP and Ubuntu to the latest versions - for the current upcoming roadmap, see:
Hopefully, if you restart your installation process and use the correct version of Ubuntu and PHP for the 2.7.2 release, you should be successful in your next attempt. Best of luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Guillaume Soucy

Jun 24, 2023, 10:09:54 AM6/24/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Yes, thanks for your reply.

I did install Ubuntu 20.04 over 22.04 and it did the trick. It is working now.

Also, I do have another question, is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak to allow user creation from the public?

Thank-you ,

Guillaume

Dan Gillean

Jun 28, 2023, 12:37:49 PM6/28/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guillaume,

Glad to hear you got things working!

Unfortunately at this time in the AtoM public project, user account creation is limited to authenticated users in the Administrators user group.

I have seen community installations that have done custom development to add the ability for users to self-register - for example, the 500 Year Archive. However, this is a custom plugin that has not been added to the public project at this time.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.