Elasticsearch Error: Elastica\Exception\Connection\HttpException

Carolyn Sullivan

Jun 6, 2024, 11:48:22 AMJun 6
to AtoM Users
Hello,

We keep getting this error when we try to search:

ElasticsearchError.png
We can do the quick fix of running sudo systemctl restart elasticsearch, but the effects seem to be temporary.  I rebooted elasticsearch yesterday, and today it was down again.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it?

Thanks,
Carolyn.

Amaya Rodrigo

Jun 6, 2024, 12:39:05 PMJun 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Carolyn

From what you are saying, my bet is #1

Option 1 - ES is in read only mode
Did you recently run out of disk space?
Is your ES in read only mode?

command: curl -s 'http://localhost:9200/_all/_settings?pretty=true' | grep -i read
result: "read_only_allow_delete" : "true

Check for a true in the result. If it is, you can run:
curl -XPUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://localhost:9200/_all/_settings -d '{"index.blocks.read_only_allow_delete": null}'

Option 2 - More things to try
If this is not the issue, there's a lot of tips to try here:

Amaya M Rodrigo Sastre (she/her/bofh) - sysadmin@artefactual