arDominionB5Plugin and scss

stef.emi...@maxcommunications.co.uk

Apr 20, 2023, 3:47:41 AM4/20/23
to AtoM Users
Good morning,
Apologies if this seems a bit of a basic question but...
In the arDominionB5Plugin I'm seeing an scss folder with various .scss partials and a main .scss file. I'm also seeing webpack.entry.js with a reference to main.scss. What I'm not seeing is an actual syles.css file.

Can you tell me the steps to take to compile additional scss and make it output? I'm not hugely experienced with webpack but I'm assuming this involves setting up a webpack.config.js file and installing dependencies with npm?

Thanks
Stef

Dan Gillean

Apr 20, 2023, 9:57:25 AM4/20/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stef,

I am not sure if this answers your questions, but see the end part of Option 2 in the installation docs:
We precompile the theme assets in the tarball, but when installing from the code repository, you need to install node and the other dependencies, and then compile everything. The instructions in that section should cover both the default BS2 themes and the BS5 one - if you only wanted what's needed for BS5, I believe it would be:
  • sudo apt install npm
  • sudo npm install -g n
  • sudo n stable
  • sudo npm install
  • sudo npm run build
  • sudo rm -rf node_modules
Let me know if that helps - otherwise, we might need to get back to you next week, as the primary developer who helped with the upgrade process is away this week.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Stef Emiljanowicz

Apr 20, 2023, 10:01:49 AM4/20/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan,
I suspected it might be something like that :-) I'll see how we go with it this end.

Best
Stef

--

Stef Emiljanowicz

Web Development Manager

Tel. 0208 309 5445

Max Communications Ltd.

2-3, Gunnery Terrace

Cornwallis Road

London SE18 6SW

www.maxcommunications.co.uk

www.royalwarrant.org/company/max-communications-ltd

Max Communications are delighted to support the Woolwich Service Users Project, providing emotional and practical support for people experiencing homelessness and vulnerable housing issues. Please click here to find out more and make a donation.

Please note, this email together with any attachments must be treated as confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete the original email. Any use, copying, disclosure, alteration or reliance on the contents of this email for purposes without the named sender’s express authorisation is strictly prohibited

Dan Gillean

Apr 20, 2023, 10:09:02 AM4/20/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Important addendum!

As I discovered recently in this forum thread, if you have installed from the downloadable tarball instead, this won't work even if you install node and the other dependencies, since the required webpack files and some others are not included in the tarball! Just FYI.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS

Stef Emiljanowicz

Apr 20, 2023, 10:59:31 AM4/20/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again Dan - I think until I've sat down with the guy who actually installed it on our servers I might take a more old school hacky approach as it's just a few classes in the header file anyway.
Best
Stef