Problem: Only 1/4 of Fast Panorama Visible

Alexander Drecun

Sep 4, 2022, 2:12:44 AM9/4/22
Hey all,

I'm aware this is a problem others have run into and that solutions have been provided here, so I'm hoping someone can provide me a link to a previous conversation. Anyway, I'm able to see only 1/4 of the pano I'm previewing at any given moment. Using the sliders I can adjust the canvas/crop enough to see the full pano, but it's too small to be of any use and it reverts to a quarter view as soon as I try to do anything. I've attached an image but I'm sure some of you are already familiar with the issue.

Much appreciated!
Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 9.41.07 PM.png

David W. Jones

Sep 4, 2022, 4:35:45 AM9/4/22
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I've never met that.

As they would say, what Hugin version and operating system?

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.

johnfi...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2022, 8:13:46 AM9/4/22
It has been asked before and I see no answer

If (unlike those who asked before) you have the problem on Windows or Linux, I could probably diagnose it with more information.

If it is mac, were you using the version posted in this thread
or an older version?

If it was that version, maybe the person who built it can diagnose it.  Most of us here cannot diagnose mac specific defects.

Gunter Königsmann

Sep 4, 2022, 8:57:33 AM9/4/22
to johnfi...@gmail.com, hugin and other free panoramic software
If it is on the Mac: with the open source program I maintain I have learnt that on hi-dpi ma s you can create low-dpi bitmaps (that are blurry) or bitmaps with n times the resolution. Which means that a "640x480" bitmap with 3-fold resolution claims to be 640x480, but needs to be filled with 3*640x3*480 pixels...

Alexander Drecun

Sep 4, 2022, 12:37:56 PM9/4/22
Ah, thanks! I was using a 2019 version downloaded from Sourceforge, which seems to be the cause of the problem. I just installed the version posted in this thread and the preview issue is no more.