Preview only showing bottom left quarter of image - Retina M1 MacBook

John Pateman

May 15, 2022, 8:30:27 AM5/15/22
Firstly thanks for this software which I have running fine on my old iMac.

I have just installed it on my M1 MacBook Pro running macOS 12.3 (Monterey). This has a 'Retina' High DPI screen.

When I bring an image into Hugin, only the bottom lower left quarter is showing in the preview area. The image also jumps when I move the sliders - sometimes I get the whole image rendered in this area, sometimes the whole image is shown - but only the bottom left quarter  of the preview area is being used.

I did find a link to a .dmg (Hugin-2019.3.0-ce7c20de1e12.dmg) in another post which was supposed to be a blind fix but unfortunately that wont run and errors out with a -47 error.

I appreciate that you may not have the kit necessary to debug this and I also appreciate that Apple don't make it easy for open source developers :( so not expecting a quick fix but posting this more for info and to see if this was a recognised problem.  I couldn't find anything when I did an (admittedly fairly short) search for similar issues. I have Hugin on my other computer so will just use it there.

Chris Biddle

May 22, 2022, 2:20:30 AM5/22/22
Same situation here except I have an intel-based macbook pro. The program is unusable because I can't crop any image correctly.

Trippy McHippy

May 31, 2022, 6:46:28 PM5/31/22
I'm having the same issue, Monterey 12.4, Intel Macbook Pro, 2017.  I hope we can find a fix to this, it makes the software basically unusable :(

Juan M

Oct 19, 2022, 4:39:57 AM10/19/22