Beta release of Thetis v2.9.0.6-HL2

scumballc...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2022, 4:19:55 PM11/5/22
to Hermes-Lite
Hi,

This is a beta release of v2.9.0.6-HL2 of Thetis for HL2.

This has only had limited testing and there will probably be issues with missing skins or database resets and the like. Only install this release if you are comfortable with fixing things.

It isn't a proper install but a zip of an install and can be placed in an different directory (I use C:\OpenHPSDR) so should allow the original release to still be used. Then just run Thetis.exe within your new directory.

If you haven't already done so, you first need to install the latest release of Thetis (x86 or x64 version) as it sets up things like skins. The link is
https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis-2.9.0/releases/tag/v2.9.0.6

Please read the release instructions associated with the above release as there has been updates to the skins which will affect some controls.

This release may require a reset of the database.

No warranty or guarantee, use at your own risk. It should use it's own database but do a backup of your current Thetis one just in case.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Pete Ferrand

Nov 14, 2022, 11:59:51 PM11/14/22
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Reid:

First, you've done a super job with Thetis and PowerSDR, been using them for years with Windows 10 and my HL2 build 9 under local control. Currently on 2.8.12. I'm really happy with them.

Here's the only issue I've been having, and it's been the case all along, perhaps fixable at this point?

The carrier level on AM mode is not persistent. Using Setup->Transmit->AM->Carrier Level if I set the carrier to any non-zero number and click Apply and close the program, the next time the program is instantiated the carrier level is back at zero.

Similarly the state of the transmit Leveler is not persistent. If I deactivate Leveler as Setup->DSP->AGC->Leveler, the next time I run the program the box is once again checked. Leveler puts a strange echo on transmit audio and I don't really need it anyway.

Obviously these are not show stoppers but it would be nice if fixed, and hopefully not hard to do.

Thanks!
Pete
WB2QLL

gregg...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2022, 11:40:30 AM11/15/22
to Hermes-Lite

I apologize if this is off topic.

I am running piHPSDR on a Pi4 I would like to create a network audio connection to/from the pi to my windows PC and use the pc to decode digital modes. I tried installing VBAN on the pi 4 without success. I’m open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

73

Gregg W6IZT

Heath Petty

Nov 15, 2022, 3:23:38 PM11/15/22
to Hermes-Lite
This message is really off-topic for this thread, so I think this idea should end after my message (please create a new thread). But in the mean time, the pi4 is plenty powerful to run both piHPSDR and wsjtx (and other digital mode software). What I do is just run it all on the pi4 in my shack and access it via VNC. I only pipe audio to my other computers if I am doing SSB.

Heath

Reid Campbell

Nov 15, 2022, 5:40:36 PM11/15/22
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

I checked the Carrier Level out on the original 2.9.0.6 version and it is showing the same behaviour. I will pass this on to the official Thetis developer as it is a fix that needs to go into all versions. I suspect the Leveler is an another manifestation of the same issue.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Peter Thompson

Feb 10, 2023, 4:32:57 AM2/10/23
to Hermes-Lite
I tried starting Thetis using the .exe as extracted from the zip file (which was working fine recently).  Windows 11 tells me the timeout for this beta has expired. Is there a new beta available or should I fiddle with the time stamp on the file or ?

Pete MM0INE

Reid Campbell

Feb 10, 2023, 7:13:53 AM2/10/23
to herme...@googlegroups.com