Beta 2 release of Thetis v2.9.0.6-HL2

scumballc...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2023, 9:50:55 AM1/27/23
to Hermes-Lite
Hi,

This is the second beta release of v2.9.0.6-HL2 of Thetis for HL2.

This has only had limited testing but if you have already install the beta 1 there should few issues.

It isn't a proper install but a zip of an install and can be placed in an different directory (I use C:\OpenHPSDR) so should allow the original release to still be used. Then just run Thetis.exe within your new directory.

If you haven't already done so, you first need to install the latest release of Thetis (x86 or x64 version) as it sets up things like skins. The link is
https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis-2.9.0/releases/tag/v2.9.0.6

Please read the release instructions associated with the above release as there has been updates to the skins which will affect some controls.

This release may require a reset of the database.

No warranty or guarantee, use at your own risk. It should use it's own database but do a backup of your current Thetis one just in case.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Reid Campbell

Jan 28, 2023, 9:22:17 AM1/28/23
to Keith F Browning, Hermes-Lite
Hi Keith,

That is not area I know much about and haven't made any alterations with that control. You might get an answer in the official Thetis forum at this link:

https://community.apache-labs.com/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=51f2f0066b743ddaec45ba8d590291b0

I just noticed that the main Thetis developer, Richie, is going to start development again and I think the UI is one of his targets for updating, along with the VAC.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

On 28/01/2023 06:00, Keith F Browning wrote:
Hi
A couple of questions.
Should the DRM mode work when tuned to International DRM broadcast transmissions?
If so, are there any settings that need to be set first?
Should the filter shadow shift to the right when DRM is selected? tMine does this on both beta's.
Regards
Keith

Paul Horrox

Jan 28, 2023, 7:13:01 PM1/28/23
to Hermes-Lite
Brilliant update !! Tnx Reid

Ezio Insinna

Jan 30, 2023, 11:47:50 AM1/30/23
to Hermes-Lite
Hello Reid,

Many thanks for the beta 2 update which works fine, provided one previously installs the standard Thetis version.
Today I got an error message saying that the beta 1 version (which I had installed in December) is out of date. Impossible to open it.
Is this normal ?  Will this beta 2 also work for a limited time ?  Why not provide a link to the new version ?

Thanks for the nice work. 73
Ezio - K3EK / F5MWA

Reid Campbell

Jan 30, 2023, 6:39:18 PM1/30/23
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ezio,

Yes, all the betas will time out until they accumulate in a formally released. Each new release has a unique link so I can't put a link to the next one as I don't know if it will be another beta or a formal release. I sure there are ways around this but I would rather spend time on the source code.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Ted Pater

Jan 31, 2023, 1:06:23 AM1/31/23
to Hermes-Lite
Hi Reid,
Thank you for the update.
For some reason the PTT didn't work with is the spacebar as designed.
I also tried the CFC but it did not work, I used the USB mic with the PC. Has It been working before?
73,
Ted. VE7VIB

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Jan 31, 2023, 2:46:34 AM1/31/23
to Hermes-Lite
Ted, I faced the same problem and found a solution : Setup - Keyboard and in it check "Enable shortcuts" to the right under Keyboard.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Reid Campbell

Jan 31, 2023, 6:18:26 AM1/31/23
to Lou Scalpati, Hermes-Lite
Hi Lou,

Thanks for the idea, that might work. I think I was over thinking it.

The main issue is that a link in a message box isn't clickable and you can't cut and paste from a message box either- who though that would be a good idea when they were coded!!

A quick google search and I found a work-around for the link in a message box problem.

Thanks to Ezio for highlighting the issue.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

On 31/01/2023 00:49, Lou Scalpati wrote:
Reid maybe just include a link to your releases page:

Ezio Insinna

Jan 31, 2023, 8:48:06 AM1/31/23
to Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX, Hermes-Lite
Hello Reid and all,

Many thanks, Everything works almost fine but I have noticed some malfunctions :
1. The TX equalizer never retains the settings. It has to be reprogrammed everytime
2. Same problem with the Pure Signal settings
3. Spectrum colors have changed and I cannot change the fill colors. The field giving access to other colors is greyed out.

Even if I create a memory file for the last settings, when I recall it (activate) it has no action on the new session.
This Thetis suffers of short memory disease....... Hi, Hi

Thanks for the good work.

73

Ezio K3EK / F5MWA

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Hermes-Lite" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hermes-lite/60a23e4f-7b57-49f2-8ad4-0f334ed8987fn%40googlegroups.com.

Reid Campbell

Jan 31, 2023, 10:27:57 AM1/31/23
to herme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ezio,

Have you tried saving the setting using the Tx profiles? Look at menu Setup|Transmit|Profiles. There is also check boxes to automaticity save the profiles on different conditions.

I'm not seeing and issues with the spectrum colour - I'm running the IK3VIG skins.

Cheers

Reid
Gi8TME/Mi0BOT

Ted Pater

Feb 1, 2023, 2:22:47 AM2/1/23
to Hermes-Lite
Pierre,
Thanks for the hint. The keyboard spacebar controls the PTT now.
73, Ted. VE7VIB