Re: [guzzi-singles] Digest for guzzi-singles@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Hydroglen

Apr 21, 2023, 2:05:17 PM4/21/23
to Digest recipients

On Friday, April 21, 2023 at 12:40:41 p.m. EDT, guzzi-...@googlegroups.com <guzzi-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Alan Comfort <alan.c...@gmail.com>: Apr 20 02:46PM -0700
 Could also be the vendor had unreasonable expectations.

Dorien

Looks like the GT16 did not make its reserve. $27,250 is way beyond my
budget but it's nice to know that these old 'slicers are increasing in
value. It was not that long ago that you couldn't give them away.
Alan in Roberts Creek
pouma1954 <poum...@gmail.com>: Apr 21 08:20AM +0200

I find it rather good news that it didn't reach reserve and I believe that making old motorcycles the preserve of rich and generally old men to be an extremely bad thing. They need to be affordable  so that they're likely to fall into the hands of motorcyclists, not collectors or the dreaded speculator.They're all for riding and getting dirty as often as possible. PaulEnvoyé depuis mon appareil Galaxy
-------- Message d'origine --------De : Alan Comfort <alan.c...@gmail.com> Date : 20/04/2023 23:46 (GMT+01:00) À : guzzi-...@googlegroups.com Objet : [guzzi-singles] Guzzi GT16 on BaT Looks like the GT16 did not make its reserve. $27,250 is way beyond my budget but it's nice to know that these old 'slicers are increasing in value. It was not that long ago that you couldn't give them away. Alan in Roberts Creek

I would just say the seller has an unrealistic reserve in mind.

Apr 22, 2023, 6:42:17 AM4/22/23
to Guzzi Singles
Thats a great story, John. Very pleased for you.
Regarding the GT16, maybe the seller thought he'd try it on? It was a very greedy reserve imho