Fwd: Granny Bulletin: September 2021

Jen

Sep 22, 2021, 11:56:45 AM9/22/21
to Grg-members, Grg-steering-committee, Grg-supporters
News from the Foundation and opportunities to learn more about the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign.

    • Sent from my ipad
Subject: Granny Bulletin: September 2021

 Momentous virtual events and critical updates from our partners.
Download images for best viewing experience
Welcome to the Granny Bulletin – your source for news, stories and information about exciting initiatives from the Stephen Lewis Foundation’s Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign.

In this Granny Bulletin:
  • Join our 15th Anniversary Celebration on October 6th!
  • A Virtual Town Hall with SLF Executive Director Meg French
  • New resource: The critical work of community-based organizations
  • A note about SLF communications and updating your preferences
Dear Grandmothers and Grandothers,

September is here, and it has been energizing to hear from groups who have been able to meet outdoors and be together for the first time in many months. For those whose communities are living through another wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, we stand in solidarity with you.

In the spirit of being together, we have two virtual events to share with you this month — a momentous celebration, and a town hall to envision the next chapters of the Grandmothers Campaign. We hope you'll join us and spread the word. When grandmothers and grandothers get together, anything seems possible.

In solidarity,
Winnie, Megan and Ruth-Anne

Join our 15th Anniversary Celebration on October 6th!

We’re counting down the days until our online event, Hand in Hand: Celebrating 15 Years of the Grandmothers Campaign. We hope you’ll join us online on Wednesday, October 6th from 11 am to 12:30 pm EDT. Journalist Anna Maria Tremonti will host conversations with leaders of the grandmothers movement, and we’ll honour the work and legacy that grandmothers and grandothers continue to build in their communities.

Click the button below to register, and please invite your friends and family to do the same!
Register Now
If you would like to attend but are unable to join us online on the day itself, please register to receive a recording of the event. This will be made available in the days following the celebration.
A Virtual Town Hall with SLF Executive Director Meg French

On Thursday, October 21st at 12:30 pm EDT, we'll gather for a Grandmothers Campaign virtual Town Hall. Our Executive Director, Meg French, will share the bold vision that the Stephen Lewis Foundation is striving toward in the coming years.

Grandmothers groups provide integral support to the Foundation and we are excited to share our goals for the future as we continue our work together. Come learn, ask questions and get ready for what comes next.

To RSVP, email camp...@stephenlewisfoundation.org, and please invite members of your group to do the same.

New resource: The critical work of community-based organizations

The ongoing intersection of the HIV and AIDS and COVID-19 pandemics continues to impact our partners’ programs, and brings new challenges that threaten the well-being of families and communities living with HIV and AIDS.

To keep members of the Grandmothers Campaign updated, we created an overview of the urgent priorities shared by our partners, as well as a snapshot of what we mean when we say our partners work holistically to support families and communities affected by HIV and AIDS.
Click here to read and download
A note about SLF communications and how to share your preferences

In the past few months, communications and solicitations to our community of supporters have increased because our partners' needs have increased, and their needs are critical. Our gratitude for the members of the Grandmothers Campaign is immense, and we know how much time is collectively dedicated to organizing events and raising awareness about the SLF in your communities. We are sharing what we hear from our partners with all of our supporters to ensure the broadest support possible for their communities.

We will happily adjust your communication preferences at any time. The best way to share your preferences with us is to email camp...@stephenlewisfoundation.org.

The Stephen Lewis Foundation believes that transparency and accountability are essential. With this in mind, we are proud to be accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Please share this message with your community:
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
Facebook
Website
You have been sent this email because you provided your email address to the Stephen Lewis Foundation. Occasionally, you will receive email updates about the Foundation and our partner organizations in sub-Saharan Africa.

Click here to unsubscribe from this list

Please contact us if you wish to update your email address

The Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign is an initiative of

Stephen Lewis Foundation
260 Spadina Avenue, Suite 100, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2E4, Canada
Tel: 416-533-9292 Toll-free: 1-888-203-9990
Canadian Charitable Registration # 89635 4008 RR0001

stephenlewisfoundation.org I in...@stephenlewisfoundation.org