RE: Digest for granicus-developers@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

awal...@gloucesterva.info

Nov 3, 2011, 7:59:21 AM11/3/11
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com

For us connecting directly into the cable doesn’t work for us and makes our picture unclear.  What we need is a co-ax to component converter or a device that provides the signal (5 cable component) from the cable to the streaming device, but I can’t seem to find one online.  Any help you could give me would be great.  Thanks.

Nov 3, 2011, 8:23:15 AM11/3/11
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com
To be clear.  You have regular cable coming into the room where you have the Granicus encoder and you are wanting a box where you can select a channel from that cable and output that to the encoder.  If this is the case then you are looking for what I would call a tuner or cable box.  In a pinch if you can find a good one, you can use an old VCR.   And if I'm misunderstanding the situation you are in then I apologize.  It is unusual for a cable company to refuse to provide a cable box,  though usually they require you to upgrade to "digital" cable.

Cheers
Lucas Richardson
Horry County Government

Amanda Wallace

Nov 3, 2011, 8:37:14 AM11/3/11
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com

Its not that they are refusing to give is one, but they want to charge us a monthly fee and we are a government and as such we receiver our cable free but it is not digital. We tried an old vcr but it doesn't give us the quality that a 5 cable component device will. Any idea where I can find one ?

Javier Muniz

Nov 3, 2011, 9:50:29 AM11/3/11
to <granicus-developers@googlegroups.com>, granicus-...@googlegroups.com
What you're looking for is an RF tuner with a component output. I haven't used one personally but I'm sure someone makes them.

That said, it's possible that the issue with the signal is the rf on the coax itself. If that's the case, then it won't matter what cable or box you connect to it your quality will still be poor.

How does the cable channel get the signal from the city?

Javier Muniz

Nov 3, 2011, 10:20:33 AM11/3/11
to <granicus-developers@googlegroups.com>
These guys make a device that seems to cover just about anything:

I've never used one, but this is the type of device that you'd want (rf in to component out)

Amanda Wallace

Nov 3, 2011, 10:23:46 AM11/3/11
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com

You have been incredibly helpful! Thanks so much