Filter for Clearer Picture

Amanda Wallace

Nov 2, 2011, 3:07:23 PM11/2/11
to Granicus Developers
Can you guys tell me what you use for filtering your stream to the
internet? Currently we are using one of our directors personal
digital cable box to make the picture as clear as possible and it is
beautiful. We asked our cable provider to provide us with a digital
cable box and they have refused. Can you tell me what you guys use?
Thanks.

Javier Muniz

Nov 2, 2011, 3:11:54 PM11/2/11
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

Usually we hook our encoder directly into the feed that goes to cable, so that we get the cleanest picture possible. In some cases we have had to hook into a cable box, but those deployments usually have a lower quality than the direct feeds.

As far as filters are concerned, the only processing we do on the signal is to deinterlace it so that you don't see "motion tears" once the feed is digitized and compressed.

Is this what you were looking for?