Google Merchant Center

david warner

Nov 10, 2021, 3:41:43 AM11/10/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
how to setup content API on google merchant center?
how to upload products through content API on google merchant center?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 10, 2021, 5:03:09 AM11/10/21
to davidwa...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m James from the Content API Team. Allow me to assist you.

You’ll be needing a developer in order to implement the Content API environment to your website so that your applications will be integrated with your Google Merchant Center account.

Moving forward, to implement the Content API environment on your end, you can refer to this documentation and this link to see what are the supported languages of the Content API library. After you implement the API environment to your website, in order to use the different services and methods within the API, you need to authorize requests. You may follow the steps on this document on how you can authorize requests.

From this point, you can now send requests to the Google Content API for Shopping. You may follow this guide to learn more about making API requests.

To upload your products to your merchant account using Content API, you can now use the Products Service which allows you to insert, update, get, and delete one product at a time as well as list all products in your merchant center. Once you have uploaded products to your merchant account, a Content API feed will automatically created containing the products that you have uploaded.

Additional references:

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team