how can I setup a test MCC account?

Jia, Hongchao

Nov 26, 2021, 3:28:26 AM11/26/21
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi, we are currently developing content API for sub accounts management, is there way to setup a test MCC account to create test sub accounts under it?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 28, 2021, 9:32:07 PM11/28/21
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Jia,

I’m James from the Content API Team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Can you please confirm if your concern is for Google Ads API or Content API for Shopping? I asked this because the term `MCC` is mostly used for Google Ads API.

If your concern is for Google Ads API, then I believe that you should raise your concern to this Google Ads API support forum.

However, if your concern is for Content API, then as per our documentation, to test code that uses the Content API for Shopping, we suggest creating a separate Merchant Center account devoted solely for testing uses. This allows both manual and automated testing of code that uses the Content API for Shopping without impacting active feeds or Shopping campaigns.

Since you’re looking for a Multi-client test account, then you may follow this guide to request for advanced account conversion, wherein the created standalone test merchant account will be converted into a multi-client test account. Since account conversion is already outside of our expertise, I would recommend that you reach out to the merchant center support team as they are the one who’s more capable and equipped on this aspect. That said, please contact the merchant center support team through this link.

Once your standalone merchant account has been converted into a multi-client account, then you may now try to create a sub-account using accounts.insert method.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwHr7:ref

Jia Hongchao

Nov 29, 2021, 10:15:06 PM11/29/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Sure it is for content API for shopping, and sorry, it should be MCA instead of MCC.
We have sent a request for advanced account conversion, but we are not sure if it is possible to convert a test account to a MCA.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 30, 2021, 12:41:43 PM11/30/21
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jia,

For MCA conversion, please reach out to the Merchant Center team. They are the best bet to assist with this concern.

How to contact the Merchant Center team:  Via 'Help center and support' option under the 'Help' button. You will get the 'Help' button in the upper right hand corner of the Merchant Center account dashboard.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati