Create website crawler feed

Adam Goldman

Nov 14, 2021, 8:54:45 AM11/14/21
to Google Content API for Shopping

I don't see any mention of website crawl in the docs, even if I search for that.

Also, if I set manually a website crawl feed, and call GET feeds for that account, I get a blank result, i.e. the resources field doesn't even show. If I create manually an item based feed, it does show in the sam get request.

So how do I create a website crawl feed through the API?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 15, 2021, 12:58:39 AM11/15/21
to go...@adamgoldman.me, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Adam,

Maia here, from the Content API Team. I hope you are doing well.

It seems that you have also reached out to our team privately; it would be best to continue the discussion on that thread for better tracking of the query. Nevertheless, I am reiterating guidance here:

I would like to clarify that Website Crawl is not a functionality of the Content API, but rather it is another type of primary feed that can be created solely in the Merchant center. In addition, API methods are only applicable if you are using Content API feed. If you wish to learn more about Website Crawl feed, then I would highly suggest reaching out to the Merchant Center support team via this customer care link as they are primarily the ones who handle this kind of feed.

Best Regards,

Google Logo
Angel Maia Diaz
Content API for Shopping Team