Disapproved products due to Missing sub-attribute [country (sub-attribute of [shipping])]

Eyey Altea

May 19, 2022, 1:08:18 AM5/19/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Our store sells digital products thus we don't have a shipping fee and all our products are marked as "not a physical product" so we don't charge any shipping rate.

We use Shopify and are connected to GMC via content API but now we can't do ads because of the problem: Missing sub-attribute [country (sub-attribute of [shipping])].

Google Support told us to remove Shipping Attribute via Shopify platform and Shopify Support already told us that we don't have a shipping rate and we are at a loss on what to do. We have tried adding a shipping rate but really I don't know the next step.

Any idea on how to do this?

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 19, 2022, 2:42:38 AM5/19/22
to eyey....@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is Ciara from the Content API support team. Thank you for reaching out.

For us to guide you accordingly, kindly provide us with your Merchant Center ID. Also, when you mentioned that you've tried adding a shipping rate, do you mean that you've manually setup the shipping rates on the Merchant Center interface via Tools and Settings > Shipping and returns?

You can provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, please send this requested information through our email <shopping-a...@google.com> instead for privacy purposes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Google Logo
Ciara
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2YblMi:ref

Eyey Altea

May 19, 2022, 4:07:50 AM5/19/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
We have sent an email to the one you provided since we can't reply privately (We don't have permission).

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Shopping API Forum Advisor

May 19, 2022, 10:56:50 AM5/19/22
to eyey....@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is the issue here Merchant Center team asked you to remove shipping but Shopify is not sending shipping to Merchant Center? If so, I went through a couple of products that are marked with the issue Missing sub-attribute [country (sub-attribute of [shipping])]. I see few shipping attributes but with 0 value. For example:
shipping  price: $0.00
shipping weight: 0 lb

You need to contact the Merchant Center team again and double check if they are asking to remove the above attributes. If so, then you need to contact the Shopify team and request them not to send these attributes.

How to contact the Merchant Center team: Please contact them via 'Help center and support' option under the 'Help' button. You will get the
'Help' button in the upper right hand corner of the Merchant Center account dashboard.

Shopify contacthttps://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/questions

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2YblMi:ref

Eyey Altea

May 19, 2022, 11:46:57 PM5/19/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Yes. That is what they said.

That we need to remove those attributes.