Expired Products

Lock Interact

Jan 26, 2023, 5:24:55ā€ÆAM1/26/23
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hello,

On the 20th of January, about 3000 products expired in my Merchant Centre. I have noticed since in early Jan, the Content API has made almost no calls. How do I go about getting the expired products re-uploaded?Ā

Best,

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 26, 2023, 11:26:38ā€ÆAM1/26/23
to loug...@interactdigital.com.au, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Content API is a push model. You need to initiate the API request to refresh/reupload the products:
https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/reference/rest/v2.1/products/insert

Guide:Ā https://developers.google.com/shopping-content/guides/products/overview

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2iNyoV:ref

Locki from Interact Digital

Jan 30, 2023, 2:40:29ā€ÆAM1/30/23
to Shopping API Forum Advisor, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
If I disconnect and reconnect the merchant centre, will this push all items live again?

Warm regards,

Locki Kenyon

Digital Strategist

šŸ“žĀ 9371 1600 |Ā šŸ–„ļøĀ interactdigital.au

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jan 30, 2023, 1:28:40ā€ÆPM1/30/23
to loug...@interactdigital.com.au, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Locki,

James here, a colleague of Lakshmi. Thank you for your response.

From the Content APIā€™s perspective, you can programmatically re-upload your products by using theĀ products.insert methodĀ (refer to thisĀ linkĀ for more information) orĀ products.custombatch method:insertĀ that allows you to re-insert multiple products at a time using a single API call (refer to thisĀ linkĀ for more information).

However, it appears that youā€™re using a third party platform to sync or upload your products to your merchant account. Iā€™m afraid that I cannot comment whether disconnecting and reconnecting your merchant center account to your third party ecommerce / CMS platform will push your products to be live again in your MC account. I said this because we are not familiar with the behavior of the third party platform that youā€™re using. With this, I feel that their customer care would be the right team to assist you with your queries.

For your reference that third party platforms that utilizes the Content API is already outside of our expertise, you may refer to thisĀ post.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell