[Announcement] Out of scope topics and where to get help

Stevie Strickland (Content API for Shopping Team)

Oct 7, 2016, 2:21:31 PM10/7/16
to Google Content API for Shopping

Hi all,

While we'd like to be experts in everything Shopping-related, we are focused on providing you the best help with using the Content API for Shopping.  For other questions or issues, we want to make sure you know where you can get answers without wasting any of your time!

To help you look in the right place, we've put together this list of topics that are out of scope for this forum, along with useful pointers on where to find appropriate help.  If your question falls under one of these categories, please follow the provided instructions so that you can get your issues resolved as quickly as possible.

Cheers,
Stevie Strickland
Google Content API for Shopping Team

Data quality issues, product disapproval, or account suspension

If one of your products is disapproved because of data quality checks or your account has been suspended, please review the Shopping policies and ensure that you comply with all the stated policies.  Also follow the steps on the About item and account disapprovals for product data violations Help Center article.  If you cannot find what you need there, please contact the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum for further help.

Items, feeds, or sub-accounts quota changes

If you're having issues with quota-related errors due to having too many items, feeds, or sub-accounts associated with your Merchant Center account, consider first removing unused items, feeds, or sub-accounts.  Also consider providing an expiration date for items that is less than the maximum of 30 days if you would like items not kept up-to-date to be automatically removed sooner. If these steps are not enough and you need to request a higher quota, please use the Merchant Center: Request for additional quota of items, feeds, or sub-accounts form.

Issues with datafeeds outside of calls to the Datafeeds service

Here, we only provide support for issues registering, listing, or deleting datafeeds using the Datafeeds service. If you are having issues with an existing datafeed, please ensure your feed complies with the Products Feed Specification and read the Troubleshoot your feed Help Center article for additional things to check.  For other all questions or concerns involving datafeeds, please contact the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum for further help.

Website verification

If the website associated with your Merchant Center account is not verified, please review the Verify and claim your website URL Help Center article. If you continue to have issues and need further help verifying your website, please use the Unable to verify or claim a URL form and/or ask the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum.

Shopping campaign-related questions

In general, if you have questions about interfacing with Shopping campaigns in Adwords, please contact the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum to get help with those questions.  However, if you are having issues setting particular attributes for your products using the API, then please let us know!

Linking Merchant Center to other e-commerce platforms

We do not provide support for linking other e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, or PrestaShop to Merchant Center.  If you are having issues linking the platforms or keeping your Merchant Center information in sync, please contact either the developers of the module you're using to link the two or the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum.

Other Merchant Center-related questions

We are focused on the Content API for Shopping, and so we do not answer general questions about the Merchant Center website and its use.  Please contact the Google Shopping and Merchant Center forum to get help with Merchant Center-related questions or issues that do not directly involve the Content API for Shopping.

This conversation is locked