get inactive/disapproved products in shopping content API v2

Murugan

Feb 18, 2015, 7:51:48 AM2/18/15
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
To find disapproved products, i need to get all products through paging. Is there any possibilities to get inactive/disapprove products?

Murugan

Feb 19, 2015, 8:26:19 AM2/19/15
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Can any API devs reply to this post? ie should get only inactive/disapproved products. is there any possibilities for this in content api for shopping v2?

i have 100k+ products for couple of clients. to get inactive products, i need to get all products status and check the approval  status. when try to get 100 products per page through api call, it return the "503 service unavailable" error after some mins,

exception 'Google_Service_Exception' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/content/v2/[MERCHANT-ID]/productstatuses?pageToken=86cb6313cd2b36d2&maxResults=100: (503) Backend Error' in /var/www/[PROJECT-FOLDER]/api-google/src/Google/Http/REST.php:111

Tom Wilson

Feb 19, 2015, 2:25:57 PM2/19/15
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murugan,

Before looking at any problems under the productstatuses resource you want to review the items under datafeedstatuses and accountstatuses resources. These give the summary information you see under a data feed in the GMC dashboard and the info under the diagnostic screen. My approach if i'm reviewing problems is to clear these two first.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Google Merchant Center & Adwords Consultant

Blog & Services - www.tomthedeveloper.com

Yufeng Guo (Content API Team)

Feb 19, 2015, 6:16:08 PM2/19/15
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Tom's approach is a solid one, since we don't currently have a way to filter the queries, but rest assured that it is definitely something we are looking seriously into implementing, as we fully recognize the difficulties that are faced in your use case.

-Yufeng

anne zou

Apr 28, 2017, 9:39:09 AM4/28/17
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Tom,

A quick question: if my products are uploaded through Content API so there is no data feed related. In this case, is there some API I can do filtering during query products?

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 6:21:48 PM UTC+5:30, Murugan wrote:
To find disapproved products, i need to get all products through paging. Is there any possibilities to get inactive/disapprove products?

Lakshmi (Content API Team)

Apr 28, 2017, 3:00:47 PM4/28/17
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

Currently, we have Productstatuses to retrieve the statuses of all products that exist in a given Merchant Center. You need to filter the inactive products at your end from the list.

I will forward your request as a feature request to the rest of team.

Thanks,
Lakshmi, Content API Team

Murugan

Apr 4, 2018, 9:01:02 AM4/4/18
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Lakshmi,

Waiting more than 4 years for this update. Still i believe your team to support the feature to get inactive/disapproved products. we should get this for

more clients and some very big clients. But could not process all products one by one. its getting delay to generate report.

On behalf of me, Can you please ask Content API team to get this feature ASAP.

Once you did this, surely all developers will never forget your help/effort.

Lakshmi Prathipati (Content API Team)

Apr 4, 2018, 3:13:36 PM4/4/18
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

I completely understand your concern. I sent your request on this feature to the rest of the team.

Thanks,
Lakshmi, Content API Team

Murugan

Apr 5, 2018, 5:52:41 AM4/5/18
to Google Content API for Shopping

  Thanks.

Andre Kolell

Apr 5, 2018, 2:09:49 PM4/5/18
to Google Content API for Shopping
Just for your information: Murugan is definitely not the only one who is looking for an easy way to get the number of disapprovals.
Really looking forward to have a new API endpoint or useful filter options here!

Lakshmi Prathipati (Content API Team)

Apr 5, 2018, 4:21:46 PM4/5/18
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi,

I forwarded your request as well.

Thanks,
Lakshmi, Content API Team

Murugan

Apr 9, 2018, 9:29:27 AM4/9/18
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Lakshmi,

  Many thanks for your effort.

Kun Yong JD

Jan 18, 2019, 10:27:03 AM1/18/19
to Google Content API for Shopping
hi Lakshmi

I also need this solution, is there any information for the API plan to get all disapproved content?

shopping-api...@google.com

Jan 18, 2019, 12:25:05 PM1/18/19
to google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am Lakshmi's colleague and will be following up on this thread as she is unavailable today.
You need to filter at your end for disapproved status after you retrieve the products. As of now there is no direct filter available for this.

Thanks,
Milind, Content API Team

Mạnh Nguyễn Quốc

Jul 20, 2021, 1:04:45 AM7/20/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
OMG

I can't believe Google still don't have this features in their Content API after 7 years of asking from the community.

Why you don't support filtering products feature in the Content API which is already exists in GMC GUI?

Filter 300k products in my end is not an efficient approach for every user click!

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Jul 22, 2021, 4:45:14 AM7/22/21
to manh...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

My name is James and I’m from the Content API Team. Thank you for getting back to us.

Allow me to follow up and file a feature request to the rest of the team to see if this kind of functionality is feasible to have on the latest version of API v2.1. For any updates on this, rest assured that someone from our team will keep you posted. Also, you may check out our blog.

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JC5mF:ref
Message has been deleted

Tom Wilson

Oct 8, 2021, 3:54:47 PM10/8/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
To be honest my original advice still stands and works well for datafeed based accounts.
My system polls for all products via the productstatuses call because to me its important to check an item is disapproved as well as active.

my front end handles displaying and managing the disapproved items for correction and also highlights things like items that havent been checked in over 24hrs for example.

On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 7:44:36 PM UTC+1 Grocer wrote:
It's been 6 years since this feature was requested. To get a list of 100K products just to find 2-3 disapproved ones does not make much sense? Disapprovals and warnings happen everyday and as your policies are becoming tighter by the day. It would be fair to let us make a call for these 2-3 products, fix whatever is wrong with them and update the feed.

I took a quick look at the blog... you are now letting folks now update the account's phone number and address using the API. This presumably should only happen once, while getting a list of product disapprovals and warnings happens every day. Please bring this to the attention of your priority czar.

thanks, A Grocer

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Oct 11, 2021, 12:24:19 PM10/11/21
to tomthed...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I understand the use case for this feature. I am tagging the latest concerns to an existing feature request. Please keep an eye on our blog for future announcements: https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/content_api

Thanks,

Google Logo
Lakshmi Prathipati
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JC5mF:ref

Grocer

Oct 13, 2021, 12:49:28 PM10/13/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
I really hope this will be implemented soon. It is really important because of all the changes the Merchant Center is implementing to make sure data quality is where shoppers expect it to be.

re: Tom suggestion I am curious to learn more, not sure how it will work. Lets run a scenario: suppose 100K products fetched daily as an XML file. API calls made as price or inventory change occurs will keep the feed fresh. So far all is good. Now consider sudden disapprovals for policy violation, promotional overlay, invalid GTIN, etc. As you know these pop throughout the day as a result of regular crawls and enhancement to the data quality algorithm. Even if downloading 100K records using ProductStatuses is a way to find product issues, how often do we run it? Once, twice, a day? It does not make much sense because still there will be 6, 8, hours of disapprovals and warnings which in my understanding and experience are not tolerated by the Merchant Center.  Thanks AG

Grocer

Nov 5, 2021, 11:22:34 AM11/5/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Any updates on this issue? Its been a month since I became aware of how much this is needed and six years since it was first suggested.

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Nov 7, 2021, 10:56:51 PM11/7/21
to edi...@grocery.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

We appreciate your patience on this matter. I would like to inform you that this is something that we will support in the future and we already design a plan for this. However, there’s no definite timeline on when this functionality will be implemented and available within the API. Having said that, you may keep an eye on our blog for any updates.

Hoping for your understanding.