Google Merchant account suspension due to Gift Card

Somerset West

Apr 22, 2021, 3:23:19 PM4/22/21
to Google Content API for Shopping

Hello,

my google merchant account is suspended due to "currency", however after contacting google, they are claiming the following:

Please be advised that as the input method you are using is content API, remove the item ID from the Content API.
Please find the below example for your reference:
Title: Gift Card $95.00
Item ID: shopify_US_4613598838869_32101614551125
If you have any queries related to Content API, please contact Content API team as Content API is out of my purview. I hope you understand our limitations.
I am not sure how to remove item ID from content API.

Any help is appreciated

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 23, 2021, 3:58:21 AM4/23/21
to reem...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello there,

I’m James from the Content API team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

It appears that this issue has been raised into our private channel and we already address it. However, to reiterate, see context below:

“ Did the Shopping Ads team mean by “remove the item ID from the Content API” is to remove a specific product completely within your merchant center account ?

If yes, then from the Content API’s perspective, you can use the products.delete method in order to delete a specific product on your Content API feed. You just need to include your merchant ID and the productID (in REST ID format such as online:en:US:1111111111) of the product that you want to delete.

On the other hand, if you’re not familiar with the Content API alongside with the provided option above and you’re using a third party platform like Shopify which we are not familiar with. I believe that you should reach out to the Shopify support team and ask for their assistance on how you can delete the said product in your merchant center account using Shopify. You can contact them through this link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/questions.

I also did some checking on your merchant account, and I noticed this ItemID: shopify_US_4613598838869_32101614551125 is not existing anymore on your merchant account. Having said that, could you please confirm if you already deleted it? “

Regards,

Google Logo
James Howell Abarsoza
Content API for Shopping Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2FaqgZ:ref

Somerset West

Apr 23, 2021, 5:15:40 PM4/23/21
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi James, please see in red below:

This is the message i see on my merchant account:

All your items have been suspended from the destinations and countries listed below

Suspended from                             Country                  Reason
All destinations                         United States              Account suspended due to policy violation: Unsupported Shopping content (Currency)

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 12:58:21 AM UTC-7 shoppingapiforumadvisor wrote:

Hello there,

I’m James from the Content API team. Thank you for reaching out to us.

It appears that this issue has been raised into our private channel and we already address it. However, to reiterate, see context below:

“ Did the Shopping Ads team mean by “remove the item ID from the Content API” is to remove a specific product completely within your merchant center account ?

This is what they wrote:

Hi Lavy,

Thank you for writing back to us.

Please be advised that as the input method you are using is content API, remove the item ID from the Content API.

Please find the below example for your reference:

Title: Gift Card $95.00
Item ID: shopify_US_4613598838869_32101614551125

If you have any queries related to Content API, please contact Content API team as Content API is out of my purview. I hope you understand our limitations.

After making the suggested changes above, please follow the steps mentioned below to raise the review of the account and the team will review the account and update you accordingly.

1. Log into your Merchant Center account
2. Click on Diagnostics from the Menu at left
3. Navigate to Account Issues
4. Click on Request Review

Shopping API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 26, 2021, 5:34:23 AM4/26/21
to reem...@gmail.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

For any concerns related to account suspension, it’s best if you reach out to the merchant center support team through this link instead. I said this because they are the one who is primarily responsible for providing support to this kind of issue. For your reference that account suspension is indeed out of our scope and to this forum community, please see this forum post,