Correct Field for Content API: Sales Country vs. Feed Label vs. Target Country

Joanna H.

Aug 17, 2022, 11:38:18 AM8/17/22
to Google Content API for Shopping
Hi Everyone,

We currently use the Content API to pass up shipping details for products shippable to Canada and the United States. While our full product catalog is shippable to the US, only select products are shippable to Canada.

For shipping_country, we pass up values of "US" and for some products, also pass up separately a value of "CA"

We believe we also need to pass up a sales_country field with the same values in order to properly set-up Google Shopping campaigns targeting Canada such that we only include products that are purchasable by Canadian users.

Looking into the Content API documentation, it seems like sales_country might not be the correct field name and we should instead use targetCountry - can someone confirm if this is the case?

Additionally, with the update noted here, it is a little unclear if we still need to make the above change or if we should instead use feedLabel and pass up values for "US" and "CA" instead. Can someone confirm whether or not we should do this instead? And if we do so, what the expected outcome will look like in the Google Ads UI?

Thanks!

Shopping API Forum Advisor

Aug 17, 2022, 9:51:50 PM8/17/22
to joa...@chairish.com, google-content-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joanna,

This is Yasmin from the Content API for Shopping support team.

I can see that you've created a new thread with the same concern mentioned in another thread you've created with the same subject, "Shopping API Support - GMC Sales_Country Field". Please refrain from opening multiple threads with the same content for better tracking of the issue on our end. That being said, we would highly appreciate it if the conversation is continued within the aforementioned thread.

Thanks,

Google Logo
Yasmin Gabrielle
Content API for Shopping Team