Unknown Google Cloud Project tribal-archery-271617

Johannes Quack

Jun 25, 2021, 5:35:19 AM6/25/21
to Google Cloud Developers
Upon reviewing the cloud console recently I found a project that I did not create and for which I have basically no permission to change it, which also means I cannot leave or delete it.

The project ID is tribal-archery-271617 and it seems to affect some other users as well. I found a post in another Group: https://groups.google.com/g/gcd-discuss/c/rn4rNi9Y15c

There is also a Japanese tutorial that probably lists this project unintentionally: https://wild-tech.jp/2021/06/15/2050/

I would love to be able to leave or get removed from this project.

Greetings!

Johannes Quack

Jun 27, 2021, 2:34:40 PM6/27/21
to Google Cloud Developers
I don't know why, but the Project is no longer there.

Cristian Perez

Jul 2, 2021, 12:47:38 PM7/2/21
to Google Cloud Developers
Same thing happened to me but with a project with ID brave-watch-314519. I have never seen this project in my life, it has suddenly appeared under my projects, I have no permission to do anything with it including leaving, shutting down or deleting it, so I'm stuck with what appears to be somebody else's project. This happened by the way after shutting down one of my projects that are actually mine. Could someone from Google Cloud Support help with this? Seems like a pretty big flaw!

wokmou

Jul 5, 2021, 1:23:36 PM7/5/21
to Google Cloud Developers
This behavior has been explained on the following Public Issue Tracker [1].

Basically, the reason why you are seeing a third-party project in you account dashboard might be because you part of a group of that project and they give you a role of viewer or editor.

You can look for groups in AIM and check if you are members of those groups.

Lothar Ullrich

Aug 2, 2021, 11:03:10 AM8/2/21
to Google Cloud Developers
Exactly the same issue as cprc... described, a few days ago happened to me too with the same GCP project ID "brave-watch-314519". This project also suddenly appeared amongst my own projects soon after I'd shutdown and renamed some of my own projects. I too have no permission to see or do anything with this "alien" project.  I'll have a look into the issue tracker link below to see if I can raise a ticket for this. Someone at Google Cloud Support must be able to get rid of it for me.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 13.56.47.png