[Follow Up] Additional devTools panels from extension don't load in some conditions

Erwan Laurent

Jun 15, 2020, 6:29:25 AM6/15/20
to Chrome DevTools
Hi,

The fact is we have a but tracked on our side for the extension so I must keep track.
I have two questions:
- In which chrome version can we expect a fix ?
- Is there any way to make a public reference of http://crbug.com/1085228 so we can get updates on the status ?

Thanks,
Erwan

PhistucK

Jun 15, 2020, 6:54:53 AM6/15/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
For progress (but not status), you can look for the issue number in the commits -

PhistucK

Erwan Laurent

Jul 13, 2020, 9:32:13 AM7/13/20
to Chrome DevTools
Thanks for the link, it seems something has been done and it's good to know, but it doesn't help on the status.

I've tried last beta version of Chrome (i was on Version 85.0.4168.2) and the error still seems to occur. How can i know if the fix linked above is included in this version? (because if that's the case it's not enough) and how/where can I have proper answers about a status on this fix? Is it still on track on your side?

The subject has been open for one month and a half (https://groups.google.com/g/google-chrome-developer-tools/c/r7hhv9dWLv4) and I still don't have any updates, no way to inform my company when we'll have a fix, please give some updates.

Erwan.

PhistucK

Jul 13, 2020, 9:36:43 AM7/13/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Erwan Laurent

Jul 13, 2020, 9:45:03 AM7/13/20
to Chrome DevTools
Thanks,
So I find this one related to my issue https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/commit/44abbc31ef9e50312010fa01d689cd5de4d79117
And I see these versions : Canary 85 85.0.4158.1 - Dev 85 85.0.4162.4

I'm on Version 85.0.4168.2 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) which seems more recent, and I still see the issue. What to do in that case ?

Erwan.

PhistucK

Jul 13, 2020, 9:50:08 AM7/13/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Not sure. If you filed an issue and it got merged into that restricted issue, I imagine any similar issue you file will also get merged and we are back to square one.

PhistucK

Erwan Laurent

Jul 13, 2020, 10:06:10 AM7/13/20
to Chrome DevTools
Actually I didn't fill any issue, just opened a conversation here. That's probably the solution so I can get direct updates, thanks.

Erwan.

PhistucK

Jul 13, 2020, 10:16:01 AM7/13/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Note that if your new issue gets merged into the restricted issue (which happens), you will not get updates. :(

PhistucK