A simple script for Google Slides

משה

May 23, 2024, 11:32:45 PMMay 23
to Google Apps Script Community
אני צריך סקריפט פשוט שמעדכן את המצגת גוגל סליידס כל דקה, גם בזמן שהמצגת מוצגת במסך מלא.
תודה רבה!

I need a simple script that updates the Google Slides presentation every minute, even while the presentation is in full screen.
Thank you!

Ed Robinson

May 27, 2024, 7:57:00 PMMay 27
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi משה,
This may be possible with Apps Script. I'm sure there are experts in this group on Google Slides scripting in full screen.

If you're looking for "help me fix an issue with my code" this is the right discussion group. Is that the type of help what you're looking for?

משה

May 29, 2024, 4:10:50 PMMay 29
to Google Apps Script Community
Really thank you very much for trying to help, I don't understand much about scripts,
I want someone to help me and write such a script, in my opinion it should be simple.

ב-יום שלישי, 28 במאי 2024 בשעה 02:57:00 UTC+3, Ed Robinson כתב/ה:

Maisa Unbelievable

May 29, 2024, 4:22:33 PMMay 29
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi, can you specify what kind of updates do you need? Where do they come from? For instance, is just some text box text is replaced every minute in a presentation or something more complex is intended?

Maisa Unbelievable

May 29, 2024, 4:26:22 PMMay 29
to Google Apps Script Community
The closest thing I see for now for what you are looking for is time driven triggers.

משה

May 29, 2024, 4:44:01 PMMay 29
to Google Apps Script Community
First of all, thank you very much for your willingness to help!
I'll explain: I have a presentation that has all kinds of graphs and statistics that are linked to a table (sheets), and I want to show it to the managers on a screen, and at the same time I'm sitting in a research room and changing data in the table, then I want it to change in the presentation as well, and when I want to update I have to Go to their room and then exit a full screen presentation, then click update, but I need the presentation to update automatically every minute.

ב-יום רביעי, 29 במאי 2024 בשעה 23:26:22 UTC+3, Maisa Unbelievable כתב/ה:

Ed Robinson

May 30, 2024, 8:09:15 AMMay 30
to Google Apps Script Community
This seems to be a common request - live update slides while in presentation mode.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a simple script.

See this recent discussion thread for a workaround by Keith Andersen:

משה

May 31, 2024, 6:25:07 AMMay 31
to Google Apps Script Community
First of all, thank you very much for the way you really want to help me.
I went to the link you provided, but because it's not in my language, I translated it and I didn't quite understand the intent, where to post, how and what?
If you could explain it to me I would be very grateful.
Again, thank you very much!

ב-יום חמישי, 30 במאי 2024 בשעה 15:09:15 UTC+3, Ed Robinson כתב/ה:

Ed Robinson

May 31, 2024, 8:53:26 AMMay 31
to Google Apps Script Community
Google Apps Script is a powerful scripting language, but has limitations, so it is common to adapt the solution to what's possible. You find a "workaround"

To update charts in real-time, while they are being presented, the workaround is this:
1. Don't try to update the content of the slides while the slides are being presented
2. Instead, use Google sheets to present the charts
2. Put the charts on a Google spreadsheet, then publish the spreadsheet to the web
3. During the presentation, your audience opens the published spreadsheet, and the charts will update as you edit the values

I'm summarizing Keith Andersen's answer. I hope this translates ok.

משה

Jun 2, 2024, 7:11:15 AMJun 2
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks again...
But I have to have it within the Google Slides platform and that's the only way it will look the way the manager needs.
Therefore I will not be able to use Google Sheets to display the graphs.

ב-יום שישי, 31 במאי 2024 בשעה 15:53:26 UTC+3, Ed Robinson כתב/ה:

Ed Robinson

Jun 2, 2024, 9:41:13 AMJun 2
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi משה,
Google Slides does not support live updates while in presentation mode. This may be possible, but is not a simple script.

There are options for providing live data :
1. Use a spreadsheet
2. Display the slides in edit mode

I agree, neither of these options are as elegant as a slide show in presentation mode. Other people in this discussion group have also raised this issue - it is a common request.

משה

Jun 2, 2024, 2:45:04 PMJun 2
to Google Apps Script Community
Well thanks for the close help so far.

Really fun to see the help

If in any way someone can help me I would be very grateful!!!

ב-יום ראשון, 2 ביוני 2024 בשעה 16:41:13 UTC+3, Ed Robinson כתב/ה: