Starting over

Zulay Martinez

Apr 3, 2020, 3:56:48 PM4/3/20
to GAM for G Suite
I am trying to install GAM on my mac for the first time.  All of this is very new to me, I am an educator who has been given the role of tech person in my school despite this not really being my background.  I think I made an error somewhere along the way in the installation and am now stuck.  Is there a way to uninstall it and start over again?

Jay Lee

Apr 3, 2020, 4:08:56 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Can you offer more details about where you are stuck? What have you tried and what are you seeing now?

Jay Lee

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:56 PM Zulay Martinez <zmar...@schuylervilleprephs.org> wrote:
I am trying to install GAM on my mac for the first time.  All of this is very new to me, I am an educator who has been given the role of tech person in my school despite this not really being my background.  I think I made an error somewhere along the way in the installation and am now stuck.  Is there a way to uninstall it and start over again?

Zulay Martinez

Apr 3, 2020, 4:24:16 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It happened somewhere after I had to put in a url and get a code.  I gathered that what I had done wrong was that I didn't select "other" during the credential id part. But "other" wasn't one of the options so I selected "web application". I then tried to go back and start over and deleted the IDs but still could not do it in Terminal, so then I tried to delete the project so I can start again but still get the same error message that a project has already been created.  I am now stuck and cannot figure out how to go forward or back.

Ross Scroggs

Apr 3, 2020, 4:25:25 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Zulay,

You want Desktop Application.

Ross

Zulay Martinez

Apr 3, 2020, 4:36:57 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Where can I get that?

Jay Lee

Apr 3, 2020, 4:55:07 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ross meant you want to choose desktop application instead of "other".

Just re-run the script and GAM should walk you through the process again. When it tells you select other if that's not a choice choose desktop application. Google's been slowly changing the text here for some time.

Jay Lee

Lior W.

Apr 9, 2021, 7:27:37 AM4/9/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
If you do end up wanting to uninstall, just know there's already a dedicated topic about it: