Is it possible to install both Unity Google Mobile SDK and Moblie SDK Native together?

swifter

Oct 18, 2021, 4:02:31 PM10/18/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Since you don't want to update Admob Unity- Native ("We are working on it......", no you're not.)
I have 2 types of ads in my app-
-Native ad (which needs the Native SDK )
-Interstitial - which can use the standard Google Mobile SDK,  but so far I can't install that because I also need the native ads.
I use Mediation for my Interstitial, but because you don't update the Native SDK, I can't update any of the partner Network SDKs and I have many issues with mediation networks.

Can I install somehow both of the SDKs? one for Native and one for Interstitial?
(Native ads uses play-services-ads:19.5.0' which is old for all the Mediation Network SDK)

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 19, 2021, 3:35:31 AM10/19/21
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Swifter,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Can you provide where do you find the Native SDK? Are you referring to the Native ad format for Unity? If yes, kindly note that this is only a plugin and not an SDK. Since this is only a plugin, you can use both. You can use the Mobile Ads SDK, then import the native plugin for Unity.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela Pineda
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PKdXO:ref

SHAI L

Oct 19, 2021, 3:43:12 AM10/19/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
image.gifYes I'm talking about the native plugin https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/native-advanced-unified
I'm confused, why do you say I can install both?  Aryeh Baker wrote here
"According to our Unity Native Ads Guide prerequisites you can only have the Native Ads build unitypackage and not the regular Mobile Ads unitypackage when implementing native ads.The guide there explains that you follow the steps explained in Guide to implementing the regular Mobile Ads unitypackage, just using the Native unitypackage."

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 19, 2021, 6:42:49 AM10/19/21
to shlig...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Shai L,

Thank you for your response.

As per the prerequisites on this documentation, you needed to follow the instructions from the Get Started guide on how to Import the Mobile Ads Unity plugin and Include the Mobile Ads SDK. Then download the native ads build of the Google Mobile Ads Unity plugin to support Native Ads Advanced. What Aryeh mentioned is the regular Unitypackage plugin is different to native ads build.

SHAI L

Oct 19, 2021, 1:48:29 PM10/19/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
image.gifYou're saying 2 opposite things-
You said-   "follow the instructions to  Import the Mobile Ads Unity plugin and Include the Mobile Ads SDK."
Those instruction tells me to download the regular Unitypackage plugin and install it.
And after that you tell me to download and install  native ads build of the Google Mobile Ads Unity.

But Aryeh mentioned you can't install them both together. I also tried to do what you said and I couldn't install both  the Mobile Ads SDK. and the  native ads build  together, I removed    the Mobile Ads SDK  and installed ONLY     native ads build

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Oct 20, 2021, 3:51:58 AM10/20/21

Can you please provide us your sample app on this where you tried to install both, and steps how you do that? You can send it via Reply privately to author option or send it directly to mobileads...@gmail.com. Kindly inform us on this thread if you sent it directly to the email provided.