ADMOB USER SURVEY - DO THE PRODUCT SUPPORT TEAM RESPOND?

A Hodgson

Feb 22, 2022, 8:21:27 AM2/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
We keep being advised to contact the Product Support Team. However I have had zero response from them in multiple attempts over 8 months.

I'm interested to see if my follow admob users are having a similar lack of response - or is it just me?

Please say what response you are getting. It can be as detailed as you want - or just to say "Yes" or "No".

Either way it'll be interesting to see what level of support we are (or aren't) getting.

My apologies to admin if this isn't allowed - please feel free to remove. However removing it possibly suggests you don't want this information to be out there?

And if no-one responds - maybe that also confirms it's just me that's having this issue!

Message has been deleted

Lukas Moore

Feb 22, 2022, 12:43:28 PM2/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This is my thread pretty much dealing with this exact same issue

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 10:30:24 AM UTC-5 Kevin wrote:
A Hodgson,

you can please attached link from the community in the year 2022 you dont get there any comment?

this is mma

Feb 22, 2022, 2:42:11 PM2/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I had issues last year as my ads suddenly stopped appearing shortly after I launched my app.

Like many users I tried to contact the Product Support Team as advised but got no response.

You probably have more chance getting an invite to tea with the Queen of Britain than getting any meaningful feedback from Google's Product Support Team :-).

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 23, 2022, 3:38:10 AM2/23/22
to thisi...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Can you all confirm if you already reached out to the product support team using the following guide below? But, still they are not yet responding?

- Navigate to https://support.google.com/admob/gethelp?issue_description=contact+us
- In the first prompt click `other` and `next step`
- In the second prompt click `next step`
- The email option should be available.

Kindly make sure you try this while signed in to you AdMob associated google account.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2WxuyO:ref

A Hodgson

Feb 23, 2022, 6:39:42 AM2/23/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thank you all for your responses so far.

If anyone else is also affected by this please describe your situation in a new post.

Thank you in advance!
Andrew

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 24, 2022, 3:13:58 AM2/24/22
to citru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response.

Can you confirm what I've asked in my previous reply on this thread?

A Hodgson

Feb 25, 2022, 4:16:07 AM2/25/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Princess, Yes I've sent an email to the Product Support team on multiple occasions, I have never had a response.
regards
Andrew

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 28, 2022, 9:58:01 AM2/28/22
to citru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response.

Let me bring this to the rest of the team for additional context on what should you do next. Rest assured that one of our teammates will reach out to you.

Lukas Moore

Feb 28, 2022, 10:22:42 AM2/28/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers

@mobileadssdk

I would like to be included in this response as I have been dealing with the same issue. I received an ad serving limit which has stonewalled my entire team's production as it was our primary source of revenue. We are about to start a process of removing anything we can that's Google-related and implementing ads from other parties.

I have contacted google ads support half a dozen times in the hopes of being put in touch with someone at AdMob and I just get thrown back to the same broken contact page. My company has a pretty respectable marketing budget that is just sitting idly by because there is no point in advertising applications that earn no revenue.

If this is not resolved within the week we will switch to the Apple app store, stop using the googles ad platform and stop using AdMob.

Having zero support in this industry is frankly unacceptable.

All that being said again id like to thank the mobileadssdk team because this is the only place I've seen questions answered by people experienced in the issues we are facing. I know none of you are to blame for the state of things.

Thank you!

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 7, 2022, 3:27:56 PM3/7/22
to moore....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lukas,

Thanks for the feedback.

If you are unable to reach out to the product support team, please try the below email option:
- In the first prompt click `Other` and `Next step`
- In the second prompt click `Next step`

- The email option should be available

Regards,
Joshua

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2WxuyO:ref

Lukas Moore

Mar 9, 2022, 3:17:51 PM3/9/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I really hate to become a nuisance on this form but this option Is not available to me. At this point, I've given up trying to use AdMob because I can't find a way of getting in contact with support.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Peter Rule

Mar 13, 2022, 10:29:34 AM3/13/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all,
I have also received no meaningful support from the product support team.
How can it be that after 4 years of my app being in production clicks stop being registered with no communication from Google!  And to add insult to injury the product support team don't reply.
Like other developers on this forum I am being forced to look at alternatives to AdMob.
Regards
Peter

Brolab Studios

Mar 13, 2022, 2:22:37 PM3/13/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all,

We are having the same problem as all of you guys.
Ads on one of our apps (the app is live for almost 2 years and has almost 500k downloads) just stopped serving 6 days ago, there is no policy violation or anything similar. Email form on the "Get Help" page just doesn't work, it gives a (now) famous error "Refresh this page and try again. Sorry, there was a problem with the form.", on the "Community" there is no one from the AdMob support team. We are losing revenue and don't know what to do.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 14, 2022, 4:16:33 AM3/14/22
to brolab...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

We’re sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on receiving support from the team.

Can you try the steps below and let us know if you still receive any error?

1. Navigate to https://support.google.com/admob/gethelp
2. In the first prompt click `other` and `next step`
3. In the second prompt click `next step`
4. The email option should be available.
5. Fill in the form and hit `Submit`.

Regards,
Joshua

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2WxuyO:ref
Message has been deleted

Brolab Studios

Mar 14, 2022, 4:45:44 AM3/14/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Joshua,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

Our last post was deleted for some reason, we only provided screenshots of the steps.

If we follow your steps, at the end it gives only the "Community" option (where there is no support from AdMob's support team, it's only user-to-user communication, we wrote there already).
If we choose "Ads not showing" on the first prompt it gives the "Email" option and after filling all fields with the correct info, at the end when we press the "Submit" button error shows with the following statement "Refresh this page and try again. Sorry, there was a problem with the form.".

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 23, 2022, 10:53:07 PM3/23/22
to brolab...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue.

I have followed the steps below and I was able to send the email successfully:
  1. Go to https://support.google.com/admob/gethelp
  2. Fill in the text box under Tell us what we can help with
  3. Select Other and click on Next step
  4. In Step 2 Resources click on Next step again
  5. In Step 3 Contact options click on Email
  6. Fill in all the required fields (and in What type of issues are you facing? I chose AdMob Implementations)
  7. Hit Submit
  8. Then you can see the message "Your email has been sent - The form has been submitted to AdMob Support."
Can you please try on your end and see if the issue still persists?

Brolab Studios

Mar 24, 2022, 4:13:27 AM3/24/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Joshua,

Thank you again for your response.

We tried it again but it still doesn't give an option for Email when choosing "Other", please see our screenshot.other.jpg

Lukas Moore

Mar 26, 2022, 12:31:28 PM3/26/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I am also not able to contact admob support through the steps suggested by the mobileads team what I believe is happening is that google has a tiered support system where depending on how much money you spend/earn across your google accounts
 you will receive different levels of support. I asked a developer friend of mine to check if his support works and it does. He has some very popular apps on the app store. Thats my working theory for now.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Mar 28, 2022, 4:27:28 AM3/28/22
to moore....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lukas and Brolab Studios,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are currently investigating the issue, and will reply to this thread once there is an update.

Peter Rule

Apr 7, 2022, 8:55:19 AM4/7/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all,
The email support button is not available to me either.
Amongst us do we know anyone who has had this zero click problem resolved?  Are the support team aware of anyone?
regards
Peter

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 11, 2022, 2:00:54 PM4/11/22
to randrd...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peter,

Thanks for letting us know.

I am currently working with the team on the fix, and will reply to this thread once there is an update.

A Hodgson

May 1, 2022, 6:54:24 AM5/1/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joshua,

It's now nearly 3 weeks since you said you'd reply to this thread with an update.

Please can you provide a timescale for when you'll be progressing this?

kind regards
Andrew

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 24, 2022, 2:55:26 AM5/24/22
to citru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,

The "Contact us" form are changing on the help center to have fewer categories, with the preferred product support channel being the community forum for those questions. There's a bug in the help center UI today where certain topics are still exposed even though they will fail to create when you try to submit.

So if you're getting submit failures, it is recommended to ask your question on the community forum instead.

Thanks!

A Hodgson

May 24, 2022, 3:08:51 AM5/24/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joshua,

Thank you for responding it is appreciated, however this doesn't answer the question: how do we contact the product team when there is a problem?

With respect your response doesn't make logical sense, if there are issues with your service then you need to respond rather than the community. All the community can do at best is confirm there is a problem, however it's you that need to take action and fix it.

Please can you confirm how the product team can be contacted.

kind regards
Andrew

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 13, 2022, 1:55:33 PM6/13/22
to citru...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback.

As there isn't a solution at the moment, we would recommend to ask your question on the community forum instead if you're getting submit failures.

Regards,
Joshua

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2WxuyO:ref

A Hodgson

Jun 13, 2022, 2:03:29 PM6/13/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joshua,

Thanks for responding but you asking me to contact the community doesn't make any logical sense. The problem is that the product team at google are not responding, how can the community help with this? It needs to be addressed by someone at google and not the community.

kind regards
Andrew

Message has been deleted

FreeLearning

Jun 18, 2022, 9:01:04 AM6/18/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I first tried it a year ago and still the contact functions don't work for me.
In this thread opened June 2021 I had already reported problems with the Product Support Team (https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/Po8xkeLpQSo/m/zGKOsxXIAAAJ)

Personally,  I have given up on contacting  them directly.

But there may be a solution.
If as you say it's just a technical problem and you are able to send the emails, could you send the emails for us and tell us the answer, so we can solve the problem?

(Translated)

zaragoza

Jun 18, 2022, 2:46:44 PM6/18/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This link has not worked at all over the past few weeks. I always get "Something went wrong, please try again". And apparently other people have been experiencing this issue for months.

 At least be honest and say "we're not giving you support".

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 5, 2022, 9:00:37 PM7/5/22
to zara...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Zaragoza,

Unfortunately at this moment if you aren't able to contact support after logging in with your AdMob account, we would recommend you to post the question in the community.

We appreciate your understanding.