Open street maps not loading

tomaz....@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2021, 8:38:31 AM3/30/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

just noticed today that openstreet maps are not loading - is anybody else experiencing this problem ?
my Tile server is set to (Default) : http://tile.openstreetmap.org
I'm using development build Mar. 19. 2021  on Windows 10 64bit.

Regards,
      Tomaz

Peret

Mar 30, 2021, 9:15:07 AM3/30/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I am experiencing the same with a build similar to that one (it includes some other commits). I can see the path of the ride, but on a grey brankground.
Google map works correctly
Later, I will test on Linux

tomaz....@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2021, 9:52:51 AM3/30/21
to golden-cheetah-users
The Google maps work fine also in my case.
Just to clarify - I can access the server via browser on the same machine  ... so no network related problem.

Regards,
      Tomaz

Ale Martinez

Mar 30, 2021, 10:50:35 AM3/30/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I can reproduce the issue and It seems to be a problem of default tile servers, changing to the German fork in chart config works for me, here is a list of alternatives: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_servers

tomaz....@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2021, 11:15:29 AM3/30/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you Ale - it works fine.

Regards,
       Tomaz

m.renne...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2021, 2:40:22 PM4/4/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Ale,

Thanks for directing me here!

So how am I changing to the German Fork of the Standard tile layer?
Simply copy-pasting the URLs as a Custom tile server won''t do the job - even when I provide a Google-API with it...

Paul J

Apr 4, 2021, 6:14:13 PM4/4/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Try:
MapCapture.JPG

m.renne...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 7:15:35 AM4/5/21
to golden-cheetah-users
@paulj...:

Using - http://tile.openstreetmap.de - did the trick!
Thank you so much!

Tim Sinclair

Apr 6, 2021, 7:41:28 AM4/6/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Worked for me too! Thank you :-)

bu...@buep.dk

Apr 11, 2021, 5:35:02 PM4/11/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi, and thanks for the help - this worked for me also.

I'm also, however trying to show the opencycle map now I learned about this feature, but I can't figure out how to pass the API key to GoldenCheetah.

I have registered a free account at Thunderforest.com, and have an API key.

So with GoldenCheetah  I can configure custom tile server A to be http://tile.thunderforest.com/cycle which works, but tells me API key is missing.

How is the query parameters forwarded to the server in Goldencheetah?

Thanks

bu...@buep.dk

Apr 11, 2021, 5:45:41 PM4/11/21
to golden-cheetah-users

Sorry, never mind - question is answered in https://groups.google.com/g/golden-cheetah-users/c/FK61iGQA8K8 - for version 3.6 DEV builds. I'm using 3.5.

Fabio Fontanella

Jan 16, 2024, 6:10:28 AMJan 16
to golden-cheetah-users
I'am sorry. Please do not blame me but I use the GC V3.6 and despite this chat the map does not show up.
I am not a smart users thus please explain what I have to do as if I were a slightly stupid child.
Thanks so much for your help and sorry again to bother you.
Fabio

Ale Martinez

Jan 16, 2024, 8:32:55 AMJan 16
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 16 de enero de 2024 a la(s) 8:10:28 a.m. UTC-3, Fabio Fontanella escribió:
I'am sorry. Please do not blame me but I use the GC V3.6 and despite this chat the map does not show up.
I am not a smart users thus please explain what I have to do as if I were a slightly stupid child.

Read the FAQs