Skipping the July call

Daniel Martí

Jun 24, 2021, 6:14:28 PM6/24/21
to golang-tools
Hi all,

Shortly after our June call, I asked on the #tools channel on Slack how
people felt about skipping the July call. It seemed like a good idea for
a number of reasons:

1) It's right at the end of the freeze, so it would be a quiet call.

2) Being summer, some people will be away. The June call already missed
a number of regulars.

3) Aligns with "quiet weeks": https://groups.google.com/g/golang-dev/c/onqurcX6pV8

I got thumbs up from four regulars and no thumbs down, so we're going
ahead with skipping this July. If it works well as a break, I might even
propose to do this every year, aligning with every other release or
future "quiet weeks".

Paul has gracefully updated the wiki and set up the agenda for August
already; we've tentatively set it up for August 18th. I've just added it
to the calendar, too. Marwan volunteered to run this call, so we should
be all set :)

There will be a reminder in early August to fill the agenda, but feel
free to start doing that as you please.

Thanks, and have some well deserved quiet weeks :)