Go 1.20 RC1 is coming early

Heschi Kreinick

Dec 2, 2022, 2:48:18 PM12/2/22
to golang-dev
For about a year now, Google has been continuously deploying the latest Go development snapshot into production. Thanks to that testing, and other improvements to the release process, we have been releasing on time and were able to expand the development window for 1.20. Even with the expanded cycle, the tree has stabilized on schedule, and its deployment in Google has gone smoothly.

Per the release policy, that means that we're ready to issue the first release candidate well ahead of schedule. We're targeting the middle of next week. If there's anything that needs to happen before then please raise it here or on the issue tracker.

Thanks,
Heschi for the Go Release Team