2011 Global Education Conference Call for Proposals Extended

Lucy Gray

Oct 17, 2011, 9:24:36 AM10/17/11
to global-educat...@googlegroups.com
Greeting International Educators Advisory Board -

Just wanted to let you all know that the call for proposals for this November's event has been extended until October 31st. We will start accepting proposals starting October 25th, starting with the first submissions and working our way through all the proposals. At that time, presenters will be able to self-schedule their presentations. For the latest updates, please make sure to join our speakers group and check out proposals that have been submitted thus far.

Keep in mind that proposals must have an international focus or there is a chance we will ask you to revise your proposal. There should be language in your proposals that reflect this. This is a global education conference, focused on providing educators, students, and organizations opportunities for connecting and collaborating. Session proposals should not primarily focus on general education topics or technology exclusively.

Our core leadership team is meeting this morning (US time) to galvanize efforts to spread the word to potential partners and participants. Partnership information is now posted in the online community.

We are in need of volunteers for the conference. The most important role for volunteers will be to moderate sessions throughout the conference and there may be some additional roles as well. Please join our volunteer group if you are interested in these roles.

If you are interested in a volunteer leadership role and can commit time and energy to serving on our leadership team, we need a moderator/volunteer coordinator and a mentor program coordinator. The moderator/volunteer coordinator will work with Steve and myself to make sure sessions have moderators and will coordinate efforts if other volunteer needs arise. The mentor program will be significantly revised this year, and will be less formal. Most likely, we'll host some open sessions during the conference where people looking to collaborate will drop in to see if they can find project partners.

Attached is my latest version of our press release. The one thing that you can do to help right now is to spread the word to schools and organizations in your home country. Please encourage your friends and colleagues to present, and identify groups that may also want to share their work and partner with us. We have a strong following in the US, but really want to make things happen in other parts of the world. If you have connections to your local department of education or ministry of education, please enlist them to help us get the word out.

We have keynote speakers lined up and expect to announce many of these exciting thought leaders this week. Stay tuned for more news as we head towards another exciting week of learning and collaborating!

Thanks for your support and help. We look forward to continued conversations with you!

Lucy Gray
Co-Chair

Steve Hargadon
Co-Chair