GSoC announcement

EBo

Jan 28, 2010, 3:26:56 PM1/28/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I thought I would let everyone know that an announcement for Google's Summer
of Code has gone out:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/d839c0b02ac15b3f

If I read the announcement correctly, applications for mentoring organizations
is only open for 4 days and student applications are open for about 11 days.

Let me know what I can do to help move forward on both the organization and
personal applications.

Thanks and best regards,

John (EBo) David --

Anant Narayanan

Feb 2, 2010, 9:11:01 AM2/2/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> If I read the announcement correctly, applications for mentoring organizations
> is only open for 4 days and student applications are open for about 11 days.
>
> Let me know what I can do to help move forward on both the organization and
> personal applications.

Google did not accept Glendix as a mentoring organization last year
and I'm not sure they will this year. In any case, if either Plan 9 or
Gentoo get accepted, we might be able to get in a few projects under
their umbrella like we did last time. I'll post updates as we begin to
know more.

--
Anant

EBo

Feb 2, 2010, 9:21:16 AM2/2/10
to gle...@googlegroups.com, Anant Narayanan
Ahhh... I had not realized. I also posted an inquiry with the Plan9/Inferno
people. I can also check with Gentoo.

I can do a little poking at the plan9 tree if I can get some initial
direction. I basically need to know how many new apps need to be added to the
current tree. I can update or rewrite the ebuilds as people want.

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --

http://groups.google.com/group/glendix?hl=en