Printers always "currently offline"

c.b...@fairrank.de

Jan 9, 2014, 4:06:13 AM1/9/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

We are using Google Apps for business and I want to use Cloud printing for our Cromebook users.  I installed the service on a Windows 2008 R2 Server and installed my network printers. The printers are always ONLINE. Our firewall (Sophos UTM 9) allows https (port 443) and xmpp (port 5222) from internal to external. But everytime my printers under https://www.google.com/cloudprint#printers are “currently offline”. Why! I found many people who has the same problem, but no results. Do I the same installation on another computer with an internet connection without a firewall, everything works fine. Where is the mistake?

Sorry about my English!

215ebr

Jan 9, 2014, 9:00:19 AM1/9/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem with my office, but we run a "Windows" network with a WatchGuard Firebox Firewall and although cloud print worked flawlessly the first few months I had it setup (via my personal workstation on Chrome Browser) it has not worked at all in many months. I have posted about it here many many times and have never once received even acknowledgement by admins of being aware that this is a real problem evidenced by the amount of users who report it. It seems to me as the corporate environment is one where this technology has such great potential that we would get some type of feedback but that is obviously not the case for more that just myself I see. If you are able to get this resolves I would appreciate if you would be so kind to advise what you did and I will do the same. Good luck!

c.b...@fairrank.de

Jan 9, 2014, 10:09:12 AM1/9/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
If I find a resolution I will post it here! I´m going to check the whole network traffic on a system where cloup prints works. I hope that I find the problem with this checks.

Vitaly Buka

Jan 9, 2014, 5:39:42 PM1/9/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Can you try manually restart Cloud Print Service using services.msc? Any changes?

c.b...@fairrank.de

Jan 10, 2014, 2:23:52 AM1/10/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com

If I restart the service over the services.msc the printers are still offline! But if there is a print job under "Print Job" all the print job will print! But the printers are still offline!

Vitaly Buka

Jan 13, 2014, 7:20:10 PM1/13/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
That's looks like connector can't talk to XMPP server.

Bahn, Christian

Jan 14, 2014, 2:11:37 AM1/14/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Everybody says to me the connector can´t talk with xmpp. But xmpp ist in my firewall allowed and when I enable the logging, I can see on my firewall the communication.
I made a test on a computer wich is direct connected to the internet. There works everything fine. I installed whireshark and made some tests. But there I did not found any xmpp communication.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christian Bahn
Systemadministration

FAIRRANK GmbH
Siegburger Straße 215
50679 Köln
Deutschland

Tel.: +49 221 99202-0
Mobil: 456
Fax: +49 221 99202-500

E-Mail:
c.b...@fairrank.de
Internet:
http://www.fairrank.de
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/FAIRRANK
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/FAIRRANK
Geschäftsführer: Sönke Strahmann
USt-IdNr.: DE814250807
Amtsgericht Köln HRB 54708
Sitz und Gerichtsstand: Köln

FAIRRANK darf als einer von nur 9 Anbietern in Deutschland
offizielle Google AdWords-Seminare veranstalten.

Neue Infos und aktuelle Tipps wie Sie Ihre Online-Präsenz verbessern können, finden Sie in unserem Online Marketing Blog

Bahn, Christian

Jan 14, 2014, 2:14:32 AM1/14/14
to gcp-developers
xmpp is in my Firewall allowed (Sophos). I installed the connector on a diferent computer which is direct connected to the internet. On this computer I installed whireshark. I recorded the whole communication, but I didn´t find any XMPP communication.

Vitaly Buka

Jan 14, 2014, 2:57:17 PM1/14/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Bahn, can you try to create service debug logs?

c.b...@fairrank.de

Jan 15, 2014, 2:44:26 AM1/15/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, c.b...@fairrank.de
Hier a some lines from the debug.log file:

[0115/075801:ERROR:client_util.cc(307)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
[0115/075802:ERROR:client_util.cc(307)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
[0115/083547:ERROR:client_util.cc(307)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
[0115/083547:ERROR:client_util.cc(307)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded

Everytime the same message!

Christian Bahn

Vitaly Buka

Jan 15, 2014, 9:06:25 PM1/15/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, c.b...@fairrank.de
Unfortunately that's irrelevant part.

c.b...@fairrank.de

Jan 16, 2014, 2:21:37 AM1/16/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, c.b...@fairrank.de

But only this Error is in the debug file. Nothing else. Ore are there more logfiles?

In my next test, I would make a new network behind my firewall, where I can test more settings. I try to get Pidgin running. I think if I get pidgin running (XMPP) the cloud print will work to! And with pidgin I get more information (errors) than with the cloud printing service.

Vitaly Buka

Jan 16, 2014, 3:05:23 AM1/16/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, Christian Bahn
It not necessary :ERROR: log message.