Re: Unknown Projects

Message has been deleted

Bruno (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 29, 2021, 1:24:17 PM11/29/21
to gce-discussion
Hello,
If someone added your user to their projects, its totally possible that you can see it in Google console.
On the other hand, If your account have been compromised I recommend to review the users in IAM page [1] and changing your user's password.
You can also verify your GCP billing account for unexpected charge.

Also, please sanatize your message to remove the projectIDs as this thread is public.

On Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 2:18:57 PM UTC-5 clib...@gmail.com wrote:
Two projects have appeared in my projects list that I did not create and have no permissions for. They are  you-can-see-this-project and  brave-watch-314519. Should I be concerned?

Charles Libicki

Dec 10, 2021, 5:09:16 AM12/10/21
to gce-discussion

The IAM page for that project says I have no permissions.
The projects have no billing accounts.
I included the project names because I didn't create them and they may serve as a tip-off to what's going on.

Jofre

Dec 13, 2021, 9:41:48 AM12/13/21
to gce-discussion
Specifically, the you-can-see-this-project was created by me, as explained in https://issuetracker.google.com/191214686. I wanted to prove a point about the minimal permissions required to get projects listed on the console (don't worry, nothing malicious going on).

That public issue is blocked by a couple of feature requests to allow hiding projects that you don't want to see, but check the conversations on those public threads (as well as some other threads in other groups) for a detailed explanation on why you're seeing those projects listed, why you can't do anything about it, and why this is not going to change.

Related:

PS: Please do not delete this message even if the project ID is written. That project ID is public as noted by the fact that everybody can see it.