WTB: Park ITEM # FCG-1 FORK CLAMP AND GAUGE or Stein equivalent

walawalaoxenfree

Dec 21, 2023, 8:53:07 AM12/21/23
to Framebuilders
If anyone has a a Fork Clamp and Guage that they don't need, please let me know.

Amir

meriweth...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2023, 12:53:50 PM12/21/23
to Framebuilders
I have this one from Nova I’ll sell at a steal….
IMG_4589.jpeg

Eric Keller

Dec 21, 2023, 1:00:39 PM12/21/23
to Framebuilders
Earlier versions of the FCG-1 wouldn't take a 1 1/8" steerer, which
surprised me when I recently found out. I'm not sure how many of the
later ones they made, and there are a lot of the 1" only ones out
there. Also, most of them aren't centered because the bar is too
flimsy.
Eric Keller
Boalsburg, PA
> --
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/8bc365a2-7a37-4094-ac8b-31f7e69a63cen%40googlegroups.com.

Michael F.

Dec 21, 2023, 1:53:17 PM12/21/23
to Eric Keller, Framebuilders
Dear Amir,

Is this what you are looking for ?
image0.jpeg

walawalaoxenfree

Dec 21, 2023, 3:38:39 PM12/21/23
to Framebuilders
yes it is

Park:
PARK_FCG-1-parts.jpg

The VAR Looks like this:

VAR_Fork_Alignment_Checker2.jpg

Stein:

Stein_Fork_Alignment_Tool.jpg

Mark Beaver

Dec 22, 2023, 8:06:31 PM12/22/23
to Framebuilders
I have two of these FCG-1’s, both pretty old models, at least 30 years old.

Several years ago I examined one of them carefully and figured out a way to allow it to fit 1 1/8” steerers, by machining a piece on the adjusting clamp bolt.  But I’ve lost my notes on how I did this due to an email address change.  But it can be done.

I use the modified one routinely in my frame shop.  I’d consider selling the other, Amir.

Mark Beaver
Halifax, NS, Canada