Cartridge Bottom Bracket adjustable cup replacement.

Amir Avitzur

Mar 1, 2024, 6:10:15 AMMar 1
to Framebuilders

The cups on Cartridge Bottom Brackets all seem to have shallow shoulders.

Has anybody ever seen wide shouldered cartridge bottom brackers?

Has anybody ever replaced them?

Amir

Amir Avitzur
R"G Israel

good friend

Mar 2, 2024, 12:31:24 PMMar 2
to frameb...@googlegroups.com

I think you mean horizontal length (of the threads, in the direction/plane of the axle)
or do you perhaps mean the width of the shoulder (the ridge that stops the cup from going further into the bottom bracket) in height or length  ...    ?
   I have seen various of all of those dimensions (only ever looked at square-taper) AND seen that some cups have recessed internal shoulders in the way that the same cartridge can be used for a 68mm B.B. or a 70mm B.B. bracket because the internal shoulder is thicker   =)

noMadic  Thomas

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/CAPWAWtf8G-dBrtKU2%3DXXHJGfVUgnhtbEqOtXdBzY7iiZ_mXWuw%40mail.gmail.com.