seeking cnc options, like a 3d version of sendcutsend

good friend

Feb 23, 2024, 11:53:18 AMFeb 23
to Classic Rendezvous lightweight vintage bicycles, intern...@googlegroups.com, frameb...@googlegroups.com
Can someone recommend a service similar to sendcutsend that creates 3d
steel pieces?
I'm "needing"/wanting to create a dozen (and many more if it works) very
simple high-carbon steel widgets (40mm diameter, 6 or 7 mm thick, simple
carving but not quite simple enough for a lathe).
I have used sendcutsend for things and appreciate their format, but as
far as I see, they seem to be only 2d...
    Thanks for any suggestions...  or offers to create this for me   =)

Thomas Seaman: noMadic
Porterville, Ca.  :: u.s. of A.

(cross posted, please excuse the excess bandwidth)

Christian Poppell

Feb 23, 2024, 12:36:55 PMFeb 23
to good friend, Classic Rendezvous lightweight vintage bicycles, intern...@googlegroups.com, frameb...@googlegroups.com
https://www.emachineshop.com/

I have never purchased anything from the above but i have heard them recommended by other builders.

There's quite a few CNC outfits here in Phoenix to support aerospace/defense contracts. I've personally used Genesis Precision ( https://genesisprecisionaz.com/ )  for some simple one off jobs, they were cost effective, able to do small runs of parts, and easy to work with. They also recently added a cnc lathe.

Good luck!
Christian
Phoenix, AZ

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/7f04a8a9-b4d8-4a6f-bebe-d48d4fcdd151%40kokopedli.com.

jad...@vwtype3.org

Feb 23, 2024, 10:18:28 PMFeb 23
to frameb...@googlegroups.com, Classic Rendezvous lightweight vintage bicycles
On 23 Feb 2024 at 8:53, good friend wrote:

> Can someone recommend a service similar to sendcutsend that creates 3d
> steel pieces?

Sometimes the best solution for something like this is a local machine shop. See what's close
to you. Get some quotes. At the very least, it will show you whether the quotes you get from
the internet are reasonable.

For the record, I once got quotes from emachineshop that were double what my local shop
would do. The local shop did a great job. That's what they do.

--
Jim Adney, jad...@vwtype3.org

good friend

Mar 2, 2024, 12:35:22 PMMar 2
to frameb...@googlegroups.com
I got some good info., thanks to the list and the individuals!
    Very useful and appreciated!!
noMadic  Thomas