T-47 BB?

Jon Norstog

Jul 29, 2021, 1:29:31 PM7/29/21
to frame builder list
Hello list!  I need to repair a stripped eURO BB shell in a frame and was thinking about going with the T-47 for a replacement.  Paragon has one - it is cut from pretty stout tubing.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  Does the shell warp when it is fillet brazed or welded?  I'm assuming the threads will need a clean-up, but anything else to look out for?

TIA

jn

"Thursday"

Josh H

Jul 30, 2021, 10:56:57 AM7/30/21
to Jon Norstog, frame builder list
Hi Jon,

You gave me some scrap tubing to practice brazing with a bit ago. Thank you!

 I’m a total newbie obviously, but used the Paragon T47 for the frame is just finished. It didn’t seem to warp much since it’s fairly heavy and large diameter, but I also avoided brazing chainstays on (long and probably dumb story). Bottom bracket cups went in with little to no resistance. I know I should cleanup/run a tap thru but haven’t bothered to track anyone down yet that has one. That bb she’ll definitely gives a lot of room to move things around. Just test riding it around a bit before adding some more braze ons and painting.

Thanks again,
Josh Hulst

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/CAEasqY1DUFSf%3DiD_eVAS%2Bvb3WUGEchvjBhook7bVwu2EiMykNA%40mail.gmail.com.