Vintage & Hand-Built group on Long Island?

Jamie Swan

Jul 25, 2021, 10:41:52 AM7/25/21
to Framebuilders
I'm kicking around the idea of organizing regular gatherings for people on Long Island who are fans of vintage and/or handmade bicycles, and I'd like to see if there is any interest.

Attendees would be encouraged to bring bikes and/or components for show & tell and also for sale. I would set up a Google Group to facilitate communication.

These gatherings would be held in the evenings (maybe 7:00 - 9:00?) of the last Thursdays of the odd numbered months in a cool old barn in Smithtown, New York. The building is owned by the Smithtown Historical Society. It's called the Brush Barn, and it has heat, electricity and bathrooms. I've been holding tool swap meets there for several years, and it's a really good venue. The lighting is decent, and there are lots of folding tables on hand.

The Barn is about a mile from the train station. Rides would be arranged for people who come by train.

I'm not sure yet, what the rent on the Barn might be, but the idea is that the attendees of each gathering would chip in. I'm guessing that the rent will be around $100 per night, so if 10 people show up then we'll each pay 10 bucks.

If I can get 30 people who think that they might like to (at least occasionally) attend one of these gatherings then I'll move ahead with the plan.

Please let me know if you have any interest.

Thanks, Jamie

johnny coast

Jul 26, 2021, 1:35:01 PM7/26/21
to Jamie Swan, Framebuilders
I like the idea!
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/e022365b-8d63-49f0-8400-e66740850864n%40googlegroups.com.