program xilinx cpld with fpgalink fx2

Jagadeesh

Oct 13, 2016, 7:57:16 PM10/13/16
to FPGALink Users
Hi to all,
 I am trying to program xilinx cpld with cypress fx2 over fpgalink. I somehow managed to detect cpld in jtag chain. But could not program csvf file to it. Also is it possible to program cpld with native jed file.

Command:
flcli -v 1d50:602b -q D0D1D2D3 -p J:D0D1D2D3:../../../../libs/libfpgalink/cpld.csvf
Response:
Attempting to open connection to FPGALink device 1d50:602b...
Connected to FPGALink device 1d50:602b (firmwareID: 0xFFFF, firmwareVersion: 0x20161013)
The FPGALink device at 1d50:602b scanned its JTAG chain, yielding:
  0x59604093
Programming device...
flProgram(): jProgram(): csvfPlay(): XSDRTDO failed:
  Got: 00000000040000
  Mask: FFFFFFFFFFFF03
  Expecting: 01000000040000

Chris McClelland

Oct 13, 2016, 8:06:41 PM10/13/16
to fpgalin...@googlegroups.com
This kind of error usually indicates either a hardware problem or a bug in FPGALink. In detail, the CPLD returned a "0" for a certain bit, where the programming file expected to see a "1". I have tested it with several CPLD families but there may still be bugs. In the past, I have debugged this kind of error by attaching a logic analyzer to the JTAG lines and comparing the result with an analyzer trace generated from an official Xilinx JTAG parallel-port programmer.

Patches welcome!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FPGALink Users" group.